I attached picture of my VIN. Of the 1,387 Barracuda convertibles built, just 683 came with an automatic transmission as we have here. Dont bother with a numbers-matching 100 point restoration. A Mopar from Michigan with a solid body??? If I could only go back in time. It will be sold in as-is condition with a Texas title and all applicable sales documentation. I do have all moldings and trim, both door glass (no windshield), all inner splash shields, seat belts, wire harnesses for under hood dash and trunk and plenty more. Clear title. Set an alert to be notified of new listings. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 318 stoked to 392 - Automatic Nice driver project stroked 318 automatic, sway bars, luggage rack will need some rust repair in quarters above and behind wheels AAR Tribute Clean title Please Note The Following **Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Cadillac, Michigan. Original engine and transmission. I can hear it. Interesting. But what we have here is the most expensive Chrysler product ever sold at auction.The vehicle in question is a Plymouth Barracuda - specifically a 1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible, chassis #BS27R1B315367 - that Mecum Auctions just sold after eight solid minutes of feverish bidding for a high bid of $3.5 million at its auction in Seattle, Washington. POR 15 on underbody and interior. There were only 2724 made of this rare car and only 1604 were automatics. "With the five-speed in it, it's literally a pleasure. 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55. Asking price was less than a grand, and it took a long time to sell that convertible. In. 1971 Challenger parts car - Porter 1970 Plymouth GTX 440. Car Has 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback This 1967 Barracuda Fastback has been modified with: Mustang II style front suspensionCoil-over shocksDisc 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Restomod Light Blue restomod 340 v8 auto This 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Restomod is beautifully stock on the outside 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 1965 Plymouth Barracuda Project Car. Great candidate for a do-it-yourself restoration. There are some rare American exceptions, usually wearing the names Duesenberg or Shelby. Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: V8 Swapped! 1971 GTX 440. "It was a factory-undercoat car, and it was well undercoated, so it didn't have any issues there.". Maneuverable. It's just that they're usually European: Ferraris, Bugattis, Mercedes and the like. The seven-vehicle collection includes some of the ultimate muscle cars ever made, and the original buyer clearly had an eye for rarity.This cornucopia of V8 power includes a teal 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429, a 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang, an orange 1970 Plymouth Superbird, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS convertible and perhaps most prized of all - a trio of 1969 Yenko Chevys with a Chevelle, Nova and Camaro all represented. California s10 for sale. . 1969 Plymouth Barracuda ,V8 4 speed. THE SEATS NEED TO BE REDONE. Sad today. So, he sets out to find another one to build into the car of his dreams. 1970 cuda project.been dissasembled and beadblasted completely.doors,hood ect.front aprons replaced.hood fine.fenders doors solid.and useable.will need sanding and fine tuning.the cowl was replaced with an original mopar cowl.the crossmember was also replaced with an oem crossmember,have most but not all parts to finish.have a nice set of seats,not pictured.didnt take pic of everything,not enough photo room.comes with.front floor pans.need to be welded in.old ones are out.also comes with oem tail panel.new rear frame rails.new trunk floor.new trunk drops new gas tank trunk floor supports.new rear bumper support rail.1 new outer wheel house.for sheet metal left to buy it needs an outer wheel house and 2 quarter panel skins,these 3 items can be bought for under 300.ask and ill tell u where.doors are solid.rest of floor few small holes but not worth replacing.trunk deck good.very minor rust but fixable.the roof is solid.area around windows good.couple very minor spots bottom of rear window.fixable.pillars good.front clip good with big block k frame.comes with all glass except windshield/.all regulators.A/C rally dash car.does not have the raly dash now.comes with standard dash,dash frame.will need wiring.car was dissasembled 10 years ago and moved couple times.enough to lose a few parts for sure.does not have engine trans or center section.hood solid.grill usable with few cracks to repair.squeaky clean title with fender tag which shows was a 318 car with rally gauges.the fact that its blasted and most parts there make it an excellent project.wish i had the room.also comes with rally wheels..clean title and matching fender tag.rad and cowl match.cowl was replaced but numbers moved over and welded in very nice job. All around the front and back windshield openings in excellent shape. Shop millions of cars from over 22,500 dealers and find the perfect car. Emission controls began choking power output, sending the car to the backside of the performance game again. Im not one of them even though I would love this car. Sellers like this generally are willing to take their profit and move on, there is nothing wrong with that. Here is a rare opportunity to restore an extremely rare red on red AAR Cuda. From the included photos, all of them look to be in fantastic condition. 383-4speeds were 602 made. Body Type: Hardtop - Coupe. Description of 1970 Plymouth Barracuda: 1970 Project Car. Seats are surprisingly good and could be re-dyed. Cars Burlingame 32,500 $ View pictures . We are here to sell and not sit on it. Car has the Rallye Dash with clock and tach. Area around the torsion bar connections is good. 15 vehicles matched Now showing page 1 . Like 70K miles and a three speed 318, no rust, looked great. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_13',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');Hagerty ascertains that $21,400 is what a 1970 Barracuda coupe with a 318 should go for in Fair condition and convertibles would be higher. However, the work may not be quite as difficult as it first seems. We just want to make sure you are serious about the sale.We require a $1000 dollar non refundable deposit at the end of the auction and balance to be paid within 3 days of auctions end. Have to sell due to financial reasons. HAVE ALOT MORE PICTURES OF PIECES AND PARTS AND CAR,CAN ONLY LIST 24. 1973 Cuda 340 Automatic. The Plymouth 'Cuda is a car with styling that embodies a real muscle car. Needs complete restoion. This is an excellent platform to build it the way you want. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_4',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_5',148,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1'); .large-leaderboard-2-multi-148{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}Okay, this Barracuda is still going to represent a fairly decent project for someone. Thanks for that info. From the cowl back to the tail end of the car is original sheet metal that the car was born with. "The five-speed really makes the car user-friendly," says Bryan, who adds, "Dynamat, in the floor and doors, is almost a must on an E-Body. New wiring harness, new AAR antennae. 2008 Chevrolet Other Chevrolet Models . Offered for sale with a clear title, some very spirited bidding has seen the price reach $24,100. They are included with the sale but if not wanted we can negotiate. The owners were having a tough time selling it. I believe the car was soda blasted. No motor or transmission. The $30K initial cost is the tip of an iceberg. 1971 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe. View car 30+ days ago See photo The 'Cuda has been bid all the way up to $7,800 although the reserve hasn't been met yet. The no profanity clause keeps me from saying how I really feel about the price. Very repairable. The owner has had it for 1 year. Plymouth / Cuda / 1970. But being a criminal can involve more than just taking a trip to the big house; it can also mean losing possessions purchased from any ill-gotten gains. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Additional Info: Mostly complete 1970 Plymouth Barracuda project car. The trio of Yenko Chevys, meanwhile, all easily cleared the six-figure mark, with the Yenko Camaro (above, far right) clearing $315,000, the Chevelle crossing the block for $237,500 and the supremely rare - one of just 37 - Yenko Nova (shown above, left) selling for an even $400,000. 1972 318 V8 Plymouth Barracuda Roller project. 1970 AAR Plymouth 'Cuda Project Car Jamie Palmer Plymouth decided to go Trans-Am racing in 1970; one of the results is this AAR 'Cuda listed for sale here on eBay. For serious buyers only. $80,000 Dealership CC-1689717 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Up for sale is a beautiful 1969 Barracuda 383 Formula S. This is a very rare, low production mopar. 1970 AAR CUDA Project Car 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Prev Next Car description Here is a rare opportunity to restore an extremely rare red on red AAR Cuda. There are some rare American exceptions, usually wearing the names Duesenberg or Shelby. And, above all, low-cost." 1970 Barracuda sales brochure The beginning of the third-generation Barracudas, the 1970 models were completely restyled from the second-generation models. The seller provides a good catalog of shots of the floor and the underside of the car and not only does the car appear to be quite straight, but it also appears to be pretty well rust-free, The car also comes with the shaker hood and various other parts including extra wheels and other, unspecified parts. great shape. We're plenty used to seeing classic cars selling for millions of dollars. Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Tire Dealers, Auto Repair & Service, Window Tinting, Glass Coating & Tinting, Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA, 'Blood Muscle' auction to sell impressive collection of ill-begotten classic cars, US Marshal's classic muscle car auction officially in the books, '71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible sells for $3.5M [w/video]. I had my wife list the car with the pics I had taken the other day not realizing I did not have the other pics included. AAR stands for All American Racing, familiar to anyone who remembers the famous Dan Gurney. The car was sportier and more powerful than before and buyers responded favorably by driving sales up by 50 percent. He also replaced the drag radials he'd installed with reproduction Goodyear "Polyglas GT" tires, for a more OE look. Note the white part number on the back side. This auction is for a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. Rolling Project: 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible Russ Dixon This is one of those cars that you have to wonder what once was and what could be again. After living in the shadows of the Plymouth Valiant for six years, the Barracuda gained its own persona for 1970. I figure the other option is to live in a storage unit with the car. There are 15 new and used 1970 Plymouth Barracudas listed for sale near you on ClassicCars.com with prices starting as low as $36,595. Everything matches, VINs all match, nothing ever replaced other than n Private Seller (420 miles away) 100 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 1,201 mi $ 69,970 or $858/mo IT WAS ORIGINALLY A FACTORY ORANGE WITH BLACK VINYL ROOF.COMES FROM NORTH CAROLINA. Wonder if there is a build sheet under that back seat ? The level of bidding activity on this car suggests that some potential buyers are already thinking about a powerplant upgrade and making a Cuda clone out of it. Id go with a FRANKENBEAST restomod. Were told the seller has owned the car for about five years and bought it the way you see if. Left rear frame rail is rusted out below the trunk floor (mouse nest). Joe, Hey Jo; 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 440 4 Speed Survivor- Two owner car, same owner since 1982. Excellent trunk lip. We're plenty used to seeing classic cars selling for millions of dollars. This car will find its own market value due to that strategy. The car has been sitting for the past 20 years, and it has held up well over that time. Go one step further and make it look like a car that ran at the local weekend drag strip back in the day by adding aftermarket performance parts decals on the quarter glass or i. nstall vintage lettering to make it look like an old nostalgia drag car. This car needs a total restoration. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 340 - Project TX9 | Features 1970 Plymouth Barracuda 340 - Project TX9 Bryan Webb Built His '70 'Cuda 340 His Way Scott Ross writer Randy Bolig photographer Feb 5,. Doesnt take much in the way of a drop top Cuda (or Barra) to be worth $40k. I have a date coded correct AAR block and full 6 pack set up that goes with this car which is extremely rare. And good luck with that. Body will need significant rust repair. Project car. It originally came with the 275 hp 340 4bbl with auto trans. Update: I have had a number of Ebayers ask for underside, trunk and under hood shots. There were only 2724 made of this rare car and only 1604 were automatics. 2040Cars.com 2012-2023. It will be an additional $200 should you need this service. Wouldnt that make more sense, and be cheaper? This auction is for a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. But this example will require thousands and thousands of dollars in parts and hundreds of hours of labor to make it a decent driver. The block has been magnafluxed and its just .001 over stockThe 6 pack base plate pan for air cleaner is included. The interior is going to require a complete re-trim, but items such as the dash appear to be complete and in good condition. NEEDS TO BE REPAINTED HAS OVERSPRAY PAINT FROM HANGING AROUND. Business Advertisers; 1970 to 1971 Plymouth Barracuda for Sale. But you could probably go out and buy a Baracuda convertible for what the parts are going to add up to. "The car is awesome," says Bryan. I ALSO HAVE ALL THE INTERIOR PARTS FROM 2 CARS-SEATS ETC. 2040Cars.com 2012-2023. After all, they are muscle cars bought with actual blood money. Mostly complete 1970 Plymouth Barracuda project car. Cars / Unique Cars. That statement brings to mind so many great cars from the mid-sixties until somewhere in the early se. Needs 100 percent restoration. Rare. This car needs a total restoration. Very basic. What the two entities have in common, before SRT became its own brand, of course, is that each was created to take Chrysler and Dodge (and Plymouth, before it was unceremoniously killed off) vehicles to the next level of style and performance.We'll leave the question of whether or not the old Plymouth (and later Chrysler) Prowler was ultimately a stylish, performance-oriented car to you, but the boys and girls currently leading the SRT charge at the Pentastar headquarters are keen to accept the retro-rod into the fold.According to the automaker, all of SRT's current high-performance models owe a debt of gratitude to the old Prowler, due mostly to that car's use of lightweight bits and pieces and innovative construction techniques. $49,995 Dealership CC-1669768 1970 Plymouth Barracuda This 1970 example has seen better days, and returning it to its Schwarzenegger-like glory will be a significant undertaking. Manage Settings 1971 Plymouth Cuda project car. **We do have a showroom with about 25 cars that is by appointment only **Please Call . Much of this car was disassembled at some point and had primer applied, but then the work stopped. You could do a cheapo resto and get it running. I just wanted to build it like I would have ordered the car in 1970. 1970 Ford XL $ 21,950 or $362/mo. Wide (one of the widest tracks of any American-made sporty car). He got the job donewith help and inspiration from his wife, Suejust in time to load the 'Cuda on his trailer and head for Columbus, where the '70 scored a 3rd Place award in the E-Body-Street class. The only thing standing in their way is a usable car to start with. to live in, bidding has gone into the stratosphere it would have to be a labor of love and $$$ a 383 car is still a potent car as for me? However, the work may not be quite as difficult as it first seems. I HAVE OVER $20,000 INVESTED TO MANY PROJECTS ,LOST INTEREST, CLEAR TITLE,TITLE FROM NORTH CAROLINA MARKED MILEAGE IN EXCESS OF 99,999 WHEN I PURCHASED IT IN 2006. Has a clean Oregon title, original rosette riveted v. I.n. I get the engineering, the racing heritage, and the torque, but I think the 440 is a much better all around engine that can generate big HP and torque numbers with greater ease of maintenance, parts availability, etc. That figure positively eclipses the $2.2 million paid for a strikingly similar Hemi Cuda (chassis #BS27R1B269588) fetched nearly seven years ago in Scottsdale and another that was the first muscle car to break the million-dollar mark in 2002. The trio of Yenko Chevys, meanwhile, all easily cleared the six-figure mark, with the Yenko Camaro (above, far right) clearing $315,000, the Chevelle crossing the block for $237,500 and the supremely rare - one of just 37 - Yenko Nova (shown above, left) selling for an even $400,000. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Project Car 1970 Cuda Project Car on 2040-cars Year: 1970 Mileage: 99999 Color: GREY PRIMER Location: Newport, Vermont, United States View all photos Your Name Your Email Your Phone Place Order Transmission: 4 SPEED Engine: 440 Vehicle Title: Clear Fuel Type: Gasoline VIN: BP23G0B407594 Year: 1970 Mileage: 99,999 In about 2002 I was at the mopar nationals in Ohio and there was a gorgeous 1970 Cuda Convertible Hemi clone done extremely well. California vw bus for sale. of Doors: 2. Become a member to add images to your comments. Times have certainly changed. Cuda, Barracuda? Picture is when it was near new. I took a close up pic of the grill, one hairline crack and a small hole towards the rear. Door and rear panels are in great shape. We did not get the drive train when purchased. The car didn't get its own sheet metal until 1967. Classifieds for 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. 1972 Plymouth Cuda (Barracuda) Desirable Project with tons of new parts! Email for additional info or pictures. Hang on Im on the phone with loan officer on selling the house and buying a trailer err mini home to luv in. Not enough info. There are some older patches on both rear quarters, top of both lips have had a nice repair. Good solid doors, nice cowl, perfect original floors, rockers inner and outer, quarters and inner quarters. Regardless, it is currently torn down. Well, no matter, how many converts are out there? I have been a Mopar guy all my life. Crazy money for most of us, yes, but there are people that have all the money in the World and they want a Cuda vert. Great candidate for a do-it-yourself restoration. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible Project Car Adam Clarke First glances can be really deceptive. 1964 Plymouth Barracuda 1964 Plymouth barracuda project car please refer to pictures for condition this car was started as a project torn down 1971 Plymouth Barracuda GY3. 1969 Plymouth Barricuda 2-door coupe PROJECT CAR, with 318 V8 engine, forest green exterior and upholstery. We had to remove the V.I.N tag which we did carefully but will need new rosettes when installed. The underside is close to perfect. But the game more Oct 8, 2022 For Sale 6 Comments New Transmission: 1972 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 The old saying goes that if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Ive watched these cars (owned two) over the years and a nice Hemi E-body convertible tribute will still bring about the same $80k. Buyer responsible for all shipping and handling cost. Matching number 318 v8, automatic transmission, air conditioning, power steering, power front For sale! While the title and fender tag would give away its small-block engine heritage, this could be an opportunity to convert it into a Cuda and drop a 340, 383, 440 or even a Hemi under the hood, which already seems set up for the Hemis shaker. About this vehicle This 1967 Plymouth Barracuda is a project vehicle. 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $48,995 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $69,900 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $79,000 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price Auction 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $109,900 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $69,990 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price Inquire 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Price $80,000 frame rails) and then restored the interior for a comfortable ride, installed original or late model drivetrain for reliability, and left the exterior patina alone. 383-3speed stick made, 52. Find new and used 1970 Plymouth Barracuda classic cars for sale near you by classic car dealers and private sellers on Classics on Autotrader. I like that the seller put it up for auction without reserve or an inflated BIN. This 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Restomod is beautifully stock on the outside, has plenty of custom comfort in the AC interior, and For sale! A few years ago,said clones approached $200k if done by a name builder,but today those hemi ,vert clones can be had for $60 to 80k,on most days.This sad sack is $150,000 away from that point. For sale! It would have been no powerhouse when new, but it certainly had enough get-up-and-go for hopping around town and taking trips. Pretty confident 700hp+ would lead to lots of issues with this chassis. Cuda converts, 635. 1970 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA. Please bid only if you are serious about following through with the sale. Somethings up with them quarters. I just wanted to build it like I would have ordered the car in 1970. The car includes front grill, header assembly, headlight buckets, rear tail lights, seats, spoiler and several other parts. 318 starts runs driver. Please e-mail with any questions or for additional pictures. Upper cowl seam and area around master . am too old and not enough $$, Wheres the Beef, I mean Rust? You can go original, resto mod or tribute car and you have nice bones to work with. The tunnel is properly welded in. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Keep me in the conversation via email. The second digit is a H. Sides of cowl are solid. I also retorquedthe heads just to make sure they were good. Find your dream car today. Odometer For sale! Year, body, Gran Coupe, coupe, conv? CAR IS NOW IN PRIMER. The good news is that the transmission is still present. California duramax for sale. Read all the details here. This 1970 Plymouth Barracuda is a roller located in Madison, Tennessee. Would be perfect for a patina looking exterior with new interior and fresh drivetrain. This car needs a total restoration. All Rights Reserved. Nice base for the cloning of a 7 figure car EXCEPT ; Also, I have all the original fender tags. Classifieds for 1970 to 1971 Plymouth Barracuda. BODYWORK IS PRETTY MUCH DONE. Not running. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. I HAVE THE PLASTIC GRILL IN PERFECT CONDITION NO CRACKS OR BREAKS. Extensive rust poorly repaired already. Theres a clear title that For sale! I would think the right body guy will straighten these out rather than replace them but if you need replacements I have a friend that has a pair of U.S.A made quarters that he will sell for $200. We got rid of the old dash pad for a nice original one and installed it. There are 17 new and used 1970 to 1971 Plymouth Barracudas listed for sale near you on ClassicCars.com with prices starting as low as $36,595. I can also be reached at 3O7.689.4343 Darren, 1972 Plymouth Cuda 340 Project 72 MOPAR E Body Barracuda, 1973 cuda project barracuda pro street race hemi 440 340 e body rally mopar, 1970 Plymouth Cuda BS23 H-code 340 4 speed Real 'cuda Project Not a Barracuda, Plymouth Barracuda 1968 Cuda Fastback A/C Barn Find Project Car Mopar 318 V8, 1970 Barracuda big block 4 speed manual trans 833 Cuda 383 Mopar, 1971 Plymouth Cuda-BARRACUDA 1970 72 73 74- MOPAR CHALLENGER CHARGER, 1970 plymouth barracuda cuda 1970 plymouth cuda, Great Body, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1972 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA PROJECT,MOPAR,CHALLENGER,HEMI,383,318,CUDA,ROAD RUNNER, 1970 Cuda Barracuda 340 Vintage Air Wilwood Restored Restomod Show Car Mopar, 1970 Barracuda 'Cuda Gran Coupe Convertible MOPAR!
American Family Insurance Preferred Vendor Program, How To Make Gas Gun Bird Scarer, Articles OTHER