We routinely run at 8+ knots in 15 knts of wind on a reach. I am hoping the number is closer to the Beneteau First 210. Junior Championships: New Titlists Decided for Sears, Bemis, and Smythe, Hempel World Championships: Team USA Embraces the Challenge, US Sailing Team Takes on Olympic Qualifier at World Championships in Aarhus, Denmark, Hawkins, Yoshiyasu Win Ida Lewis Trophy on Lake Erie, Team USA Continues Strong Showing at Youth Worlds, Team USA Commands Four Classes at Youth Worlds, Nores, Hermus and Henry and the Cowles Lead Team USA at Youth Worlds, US Youth Team Looking For Medal Haul At Worlds, US Sailing Announces Youth Olympic Games Roster for Buenos Aires 2018, Sailors Race to the Finish at U.S. Its a bit of a hazzle to clear the engine for use, but on the other hand there is neither a screw nor a shaft hampering the hulls flow through the water whatsoever when retracted. The owner described the boat as being easy to handle even when pressed. I beared away and the boat instantly jumped to speed! phrf ratings summary - 2014 fcsa - novermber 20 spin . RATING REVIEWS. Good job, Seascape! Beneteau has a habit of re-designing their boats every few years, so the model numbers are tweaked. 167 27 BW%RJx|Sky/S~W . I opted to go for the all-electric alternative also offered by Beneteau, which is a Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 configuration. A Bonnier LLC Company. 126 doesn't sound way out of line. One Design challenges across the continent in a great company of supportive, like-minded sailors. At the risk of adding another facet to an already complicated decision, we tasked PHRF guru Bruce Bingman with identifying a few boats that are likely to sail above their rating in certain conditions. The Deep draft version displays a deeper fin allowing a lower center of gravity and extra performance especially upwind. Beneteau First 27 #160. Ver fotos y detalles de este barco o buscar ms barcos Schock en venta en boats.com. The massive square head mainsail with a stunning sail area of 28 square metres (the J-80 has 21) is hoisted by a 2:1 halyard that is fixed at the masthead, runs down to the nock of the boom and back up. The First 27 - 2018is a 26'2" (7.99m) cruiser-racer sailboat designed by Sam Manuard Yacht Design(France). Like Jackdaw says, it would be unusual for the PHRF committee to hit him more than 3 or 6 seconds, and few races are decided by such a slim margin. Save. 0000011666 00000 n Beneteau First 34.7 review: from the archive - Yachting World This boat has a displacement of 1.45 tons and offers a very stable weight/ballast ratio of 42 % which makes for a a strong righting moment. Out of more than 240 participants of this years edition of the Silverrudder race a single hand non-stop around the Danish island of Fyn more than 40 boats had been Seascapes! The large flat-top North Sails main drove the hull well to windward, even when sailing as close as 40 degrees off the wind. Winds in the summer average 10 to 15 knots, and the organizing committee will typically run courses using government marks, requiring a mix of sailing angles. Check out this Used 2005 Beneteau First 36.7 for sale in Deale, MD 20751. The central folding table can also be used in the cockpit. World Sailing Para Youth Sailing World Championship, US SERs and World Sailing Special Regulations, Athlete Ombuds Confidentiality and Privacy Policy, Nicole Breault Wins Third U.S. Womens Match Racing Championship, High Stakes at 2018 U.S. Womens Match Racing Championship in San Francisco, Moroz Takes Third World Championship Title at Hempel Sailing Worlds in Aarhus, Chubb U.S. Manufacturer Model I J P E LOA LWL Draft Beam Disp Bal Keel Buoy RLC OW; Adhara: 30: 40.84: 12.02: 36.25: 12.25: 29.89: 24.97: 5.7: 10.67: 5400: 2300: Fin: 84: 87: 90 . Catalina 42 Fleet CAT42 . Fleet Members Valid Ratings Sorted by Club Afilliation (12/2016) WL spin. /H&v9x&qcNx%7.n_{ >Q|?_AY0?fR[=~ ;LzreoO y*%t All the power is nothing if you can't manage it. For the boat even more fractional Gennakers, storm sails and variants of all types are available. PHRF 115 and up: The S2 9.1 was a MORC slayer in its heyday. In a way, it turned out that I was right. A fridge isnt the most stupid idea here. Yes, there was barely any swell going on and I guess that short, choppy waves might cause the boat to feel like a balky stallion as all small boats do but these conditions where as perfect as one could wish for. 0000001696 00000 n For questions or concerns about anything West Florida PHRF, email the Fleet Administrator at admin . With the touch of your finger, you can easily connect, monitor and order services for your boat from routine maintenance, to requesting a wash or fuel or having us complete a repair. An excellent, all-around performer thats easy to drive around the course, and can still be found at reasonable prices. Genoa Spin. I went for the First 27 after a long process of decision making which boat to buy and what for. This is particularly true in a waterline race, where a higher hull speed trumps maneuverability. The more I think about it the more attractive this idea becomes to me. It may take a while to accommodate to the fact that these boats are now called First but we will get used to it. Lars Reisberg BOAT_TYPE RATING DATE DW Class Rating Beneteau 40.7 First Farr ODR 48 3/9/2004 Beneteau 405 TM 90 6/1/1989 Beneteau 411 105 12/9/1999 Beneteau 415 96 1/18/1990 Beneteau 41S5 90 . With again winds ranging from 10 to 13 knots true and the AWA ranging from 80 to 100 degrees the Seascape/First 27 managed to speed up to 7 7.4 knots SOG easily. There is another plain First launched end-2020 which comes with Aluminium-rigging, Dacron sails, bachstays, fixed keel and a small galley. There is a large mainsheet traveller running the whole lengths from side to side in the cockpit which will allow for fine tuning of the mainsail and even more reassures me that this boat is made to be raced. Cheers, Lars, [] Now, can the First 27 be an alternative? A very clever detail! This yacht flies downwind under its asymmetric spinnakers and it is light and responsive to sail. With no jib unfurled yet the boat accelerated which I found highly interesting. 0000037432 00000 n However, this boat can be pushed far harder than most owners would contemplate, so the boat will remain safe in this respect, even if caught out in more challenging conditions than expected. / 21sq.meters, Gennaker 861 sq.ft. BENETEAU has decided to follow the path of innovation to reduce the environmental impact of sailing. It allows dissimilar classes of sailboats to be raced against each other. The Sailboat Racing Association of the Bay (SRA) typically adjusts PHRF ratings on an annual basis based on the results of the past year's races. The original version of the Sam Manuard-designed Seascape 27 (now branded as the Beneteau First 27 SE) has long been one of my favourite small yachts. The summer average is 10 knots, and the race committee usually runs windward-leeward courses. Technical data. I got some good data from the responses and appreciate people taking time to send them. This is an appealing fast cruiser that stands out for a number of reasons. This will also be a set of detailled articles in the Yacht Upgrade & Refit-section. Factors include the type of boat, its length, weight, sail area, crew, and location. Ah, I think Smackln hit on what Sailordel was asking for!!!! A moderate displacement boat, a powerful rig, and a sea-kindly hull will produce a boat that drives upwind, through chop, and carries a spinnaker large enough to preserve a lead. 23566 Lbeck As I'm sure you realize, PHRF doesn't care if the boat is extremely well sailed and equipped. BENETEAU First 40 SD: 45: BENETEAU First 40 TM/DK: 27: BENETEAU 405 SD: 102: BENETEAU 405 TM: 87: BENETEAU 405 TM SD: 96: BENETEAU 40.7: 54: BENETEAU 40.7 SD: 66 . In this scenario we want a boat with good all-around performance, especially for headsail reaches, a point of sail where many modern boats with non-overlapping headsails struggle. Between the saloon and forepeak theres a small galley to port and toilet to starboard. Length over all (Loa) 26.21ft. / 7.99 metres, Beam 8 ft. 4 inches / 2.54 metres, Draft 6 ft. 7 inches / 2.00 metres, Mast length 35 ft. 9 inches / 10.90 metres. Beneteau First 27 vs Catalina sport 275 | SailNet Community View pictures and details of this boat or search for more Schock boats for sale on boats.com. A moderate displacement boat, a powerful rig, and a sea-kindly hull will produce a boat that drives upwind, through chop, and carries a spinnaker large enough to preserve a lead. In the very light airs at the start of our test, sitting to leeward and shuffling forward had a noticeable effect on both the feel in the helm and speed. Where to put a proper plotter? The GEKKO is now sold to another young skipper late 2022. There is some hidden stowage underneath every thinkable corner. Valid Certificates List - WFPHRF. - West Florida PHRF Check out this Used 2005 Beneteau First 36.7 for sale in Deale, MD 20751. Boat Ratings. Performance Handicap Racing Fleet (PHRF) ratings are based on the speed potential of the boat, determined as far as possible on observations of previous racing experiences. 2NGy`J >"\#;T@\Y9i[v?9 1989 Schock 35, Sidney British Columbia - boats.com PHRF New England is an independent handicapping authority whose handicaps are used by fleets sailing on Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts Bay, the Gulf of Maine, and Lake Winnipesauke. And last but not least, again, very ingenious, the sails locker which is situated vis--vis the head. In this scenario were looking for boats that will have good light-air performance to weather while retaining the advantage downwind. Nautic boat show 2022 : Spotlight on remarkable sustainable innovations at BENETEAU, Beginner Sailing Guide: How to choose the right sailboat and learn how to sail, Seven Essential Checks to Make Before Relaunching Your Sailboat. When we finally were flat running before the wind, surprisingly, when I furled away the job the boat didnt much slowed down. Beneteau First 44.7, Big Sister to the 40.7 - boats.com 2023 Fleet List Temporary Ratings October 2022. We then beared away further to an AWA of 120 to 140 degrees. They can even bury their feet deep under the cockpit in some tiny quarter berth-like bulges. Who made them in the first place? Tim said that it would cost around half a knot letting the prop out. 0000001238 00000 n 23566 Lbeck There are so many appealing things about that boat and Id like to address this in this article. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The DLR is obtained by dividing the boat's displacement in tons by the cube of one one-hundredth of the waterline length (in feet). PDF UNITED STATES PERFORMANCE HANDICAP RACING FLEET - SoloValcour The sails are big, so it requires recruiting some young bucks to help get around the course. Thanks to Doyle-OLeu sailmakers and Tim in particular! CAL 27-1: CAMBRIA 46/48: EXTENDED STERN: CAMBRIA . We are proud to have one of the largest, most highly-regarded dealer networks in the world. Manufacturer: Beneteau: Model: Beneteau First 42 TM LK: Hull Serial Number: BEY0183000384U: Date Manufactured: 1984: Other Ratings: PHRF-NE 78, ORR GP 0.635.0 (fully measured) Beneteau. Buying a BENETEAU doesnt have to be a daunting task. We then beared away to a nice beam reach and tried this on both starboard and port tack. NAVAL ARCHITECT : Samuel Manuard Boat Name. Well equipped and extremely well sailed. / 80 sq.metres, That makes it to a combined total max. Back on deck Tim was finishing readying the boat and I took a closer look at the equipment of the boat. But the changes didn't stop there. When mostly used in races the boat is driven with a classic Jib on job hanks, I went for the cruising- and single handed sailing-friendly furling-option for the Genoa. The integration of the ex-Seascape boats into the product range of the French boatmaker made perfect sense: The old First 20 and 25 models are classics and pretty nice boats but fairly old concepts. 52 assignment first draft of critical analysis essay You can easily discover distant shores without long sea deliveries, save on marina costs, and store your boat in your backyard during the off season. ZgKBQP:U[ I@N All rights reserved. She has been awarded "2015 - Cruising World - Boat of the Year: Cruiser/Racer". PHRF 30 to 70: The Beneteau 40.7 is a great offshore racer that provides superior upwind ability in choppy, breezy conditions. I dont know as I am not Beneteau nor Seascape, but I recon you check the UK boat show roaster for the boats shown by Beneteau. Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States. Other than that, the bpat is pretty naked and the yard leaves it upto the owner to configure and equip the sailboat to every single skippers needs. Lars Reisberg This certificate expires on April 30, 2021, or upon change of ownership, whichever comes first. Beneteau's First 27 is fast, predictable and great fun to sail Bearing away onto a beam reach, we set the nylon furling gennaker, initially in 3.5 knots of breeze which gradually built to 6. WL NS. The boat needs this draft, says Tim and points his finger up to the rigging. Up to now more than 150 units have been made and sold, which makes up for some 15 per cent of Seascapes annual production. My experience racing against a Seascape 27 is that they seem to be very quick, and very seaworthy in tough conditions. How It Works PHRF handicaps are assigned by individuals or committees associated with specific fleets. This year, we were given a 6 second "protect the fleet" rating, so what was going to be an 87 rating, brought us down to an 81. #t5A&8L((H=D|v'F0CUWE RLUDeH\\}?fI6o?-%}P 167 0 obj <> endobj 0000036141 00000 n Brilliant behaviour! The Beneteau First 10R resembles its ancestors, such as the popular First 40.7 and First 36.7, but one obvious attribute is a departure for the 123-year-old company. provides data for the annual PHRF HANDICAP listings (The Red, White, & Blue Book) published by the UNITED STATES SAILING ASSOCIATION. From what little I know about Beneteau designs, some are designed for racing and some for cruising. What might look minimalistic is the extremely weight-sensitive interior, where all components are also functioning as part of the boat structure. The First 27 is a 26'1" (7.95m) cruiser-racer sailboat designed by Bureau Mauric (France). Your rating of 0.788 puts you next to a Beneteau First 10R that has PHRF NW ratings of 81 and 84. I am uncertain if there is a way to directly convert the decimal NZ rating to the . But it was nevertheless interesting to see how the internal volume is used in the Seascape/First 27. For this exercise we asked Bingman to focus on boats that would be predominantly raced in club-level weeknight or weekend races. A large and open cockpit welcomes you with comfortable benches, a removable indoor/outdoor table and a swim ladder with a shower on the stern. Instead of cutting a big hole in the cabin coachroof the Seascape/First 27 features a nice clever rotatable mount where the chart plotter is attached to. Murray Yacht Sales New Orleans. Area B Meeting on June 28, 2022 minutes are posted here. no wasting of precious interior volume for stowing away big travel bags or suitcases. Great for a distance races, too. HtKoA+=#IEEQdE%Rcr@bU,nw?t8vn[NN,GnO~7y"M~zA[;q[}Z2e\|:P;@e?@]qr2,"y]ryTz}wXqt7Z2q=ds z9E^9r2n4Zlj7[gTA@B*`Q*F *ehPY[DadQ@ddNj*`:G=f"/'|`G$"H$l@ U Vhxz h9y@y0m 0T(D%hZ j'CHh([H" mRU The 10- to 15-knot wind range is plenty to power most boats, so a very light boat, carrying a penalty for high sail-area-to-displacement ratio, will be at a disadvantage. One drawback though, is the relatively short stanchions and pushpits. Flagship of the new FIRST line, the First 27 is unquestionablythe fastest and safest cruiserin this size range. 2020 PHRF-NB Membership/Rating Certificate. The clean and minimalistic light-weight interior offers all essential amenities for onboard living. First 27.7 by Beneteau - YouTube Reactions: . Rating Base Rating Non-spin. LIVING ONBOARD 0000011320 00000 n J/News for November 19th, 2014 - Murray Yacht Sales Please use the contact-page. As is the case with any single-number rating system, every boat will have a sweet spot, a combination of wind strength, sea state, and course configuration under which it will be tough to beat. Save. upwind sail area of 506 sq.ft. I fiddled around with these and could instantly see what my actions changed (mostly not for better performance ). . A Seascape/First 27 is not a cruiser in the sense of the word as this boat is conceived for fast racing and minimal cruising comforts. 0000035426 00000 n Its light and easily driven, but has a fine bow that can cut through the chop when needed. The string may be operated from above as well. Sailwave results for Sidney B.C. at SIDNEY NORTH SAANICH YACHT CLUB 2023 The ratio sail area to displacement is obtained by dividing the sail area by the boat's displaced volume to the power two-thirds. It was almost dark when I stepped from the ever-balancing hull of my Seascape 18 onto the dock in Svendborg. And in some other way, it didnt. 0000035215 00000 n Downwind with a big kite it was absolutely exhilarating, with speed hovering at 13-15 knots and occasionally hitting 17.5 in the stronger puffs. The races in my weeknight series are held on open, exposed, and typically choppy water, especially in moderate winds. Seems like a reasonable place to start. Interior Appearance. And we did so. Murray Yacht Sales St. Petersburg. 166 0 obj <> endobj endstream endobj 170 0 obj <>stream Tim the folds the engine upwards in a way that the screw reaches down to the water. Very nice! . Owner. She sources her stability from a wide and flat hull on the waterline and a lead T-bulb keel. The Beneteau First 25 S is powered by a 14hp Yanmar diesel with a standard fixed prop that will push the boat near 7 knots on flat water. She is designed to sleep up to 6 adults, 2 in the bow cabin and up to 4 in a very bright and openly-spaced salon, and is also equipped with a removable table and fridge. As the halyard also functions as a toplift as well, the mainsail and the boom will inevitably fall into the cockpit when the sail is taken down. The most carefully selected boat or the most favorable rating wont help you overcome a mid-race breakdown such as a broken halyard or jammed winch. / 47 sq.metres, Yardstick Handicap 88 to 91 (depending). Below that number you tend to find dry-sailed race boats requiring professionally managed programs, which are beyond the scope of this exercise, and usually too fast to really race in most local series. I am going to have this replaced with a more significant material soon. For boats of the same length, generally the higher the S#, the lower the PHRF. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad98347bd044661bf551191fc049abda" );document.getElementById("a7b8e97209").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); NO FRILLS SAILING.com is a private non-profit website. While they meet all the regulations for a boat of this size, a full height rail would give a better feeling of security. A@`!K;P93 It goes without saying that for any even halfway serious racing, preparation is as important as the boat selected or the handicap rating with which it comes. Now the crew may take out or stuff back in the sails through the hatch in the coachroof. Indeed its clearly cross-Channel capable in decent weather and in experienced hands, with the potential for a fast passage in the right weather. 32127 fireball 147 164 1.0043 0.9804 cw hood 32 147 sayc tim tucker 27 none flamingo 1 153 174 0.9957 0.9669 beneteau oceanis 35 150 sayc carl kennon 28 none flapjack octopus 210 233 0.9211 0.8940 tartan 34-1 cb 189 sayc erin rose 29 none frost byte 171 191 0.9709 0.9447 beneteau 331 156 none david frost 30 She was very, very responsive at the helm thanks to the direct and pure feedback felt in the tiller. The main promise and differentiation of the First 27 is her performance and unique sailing experience. 0000021821 00000 n There she was, our boat for the day and I was very excited to finally get to experience by myself what it would be like to sail one of these magic Slovenian boats , Inside the Beneteau First 27 a.k.a Seascape 27. PDF Valid PHRF Rating List for Oklahoma City Boat Club Updated October 8 2015 Given more time we could have enjoyed wonderful downwind sailing for 200 miles or more to Split or Dubrovnik, then put the boat on a road trailer for the upwind return leg. Beneteau First 27 SE / Seascape 27 - NO FRILLS SAILING Practical yet ground-breaking innovations that were visible on the First 44e and the Oceanis 30.1e sailing yachts world premiered at the Nautic Boat Show in Paris. Ratings All - PHRFGB In 2014 I sailed the prototype in Slovenia on a gusty winters day with the wind varying from 12-22 knots. 0000001786 00000 n 0000011440 00000 n arrow-left All rights reserved. hk0}(%J i>X2uPAKQw'Zst0D:U[RXAH!PgA?f6A}D!u7xFsnc862'f}akg'1zd6gXZH0IgYnI$|ip3:%k".LnwfE)7zm>8 CY[zt1?8=i]y_+zY7kS)Z09AbaJbJT&Yl4 Combined with other practicalities, these make her an ultimate adventure cruiser for sailing connoisseurs.
Cody Wilkerson Canyon Lake, Tx, Sydney Grade Cricket Stats, Children's Name Tattoos For Moms On Wrist, Female Werewolf Deviantart, Aaron Paul Idaho House, Articles B