In 1885 the completed statue, 151 feet 1 inch (46 metres) high and weighing 225 tons, was disassembled and shipped to New York City. To refuse to hear this cry of affliction, Weil continues, is the gravest injustice one might do to another. Ok, we know that a woman cannot fit into a basket of this size, which is only a few gallons or liters in size. Statue of Liberty Facts. In the late 1800s, one of the most significant female icons in American culture was the Roman goddess Libertas, a female figure clad in robes. Statue of Liberty, 1956. It is before his own master that he stands or falls. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. The Statue of Liberty has seven spikes on her crown, and the star-shaped Fort Wood, on which the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty is built upon, has eleven points. OpenBible.info NDM2NjNjNGM1YjA2ZTQyMzQ3ZGI5NWMxZjcwMDgwNzkzNjk3YjFmY2ZjMmYw -----BEGIN REPORT----- The full text of the post reads, "The original statue was a black woman given to us by . ), The KJV says, This is their resemblance. The Geneva says, This is the sight of them through all the earth. The CEV says, And it shows what everyone in the land has in mind.. The Masonic Lodge, in the meantime, kept a low profile to Honor everyone. Lastly, the prophecy proves that the doctrine of imminent return is totally false because the end could never arrive before this prophecy was fulfilled; that is, before Lady Liberty was constructed. For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience? The sculptor who created the enormous statue, Fredric-Auguste Bartholdi, never intended the statue to evoke the idea of immigration.In a sense, he viewed his creation as something nearly opposite: as a symbol of liberty spreading outward from America. What might be more important than the values that the New Colossus speaksethical claims to rights, liberty, and hospitality that, despite their reiteration, have hardly succeeded in preventing the worst violence of the late 19th and 20th centuriesis the silence that the poem refuses. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. It is made of copper and steel. YjJhZWI1MjhjYmNkNTQxMTliNjYxYzM4YjZkZjllMzVlOGRkNmVhMWY2NzQz But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. * A thin metal covering And when this is prepared, they will set the basket down there on its base. The concrete foundation covered with earth contains many rooms that house the Statue of Liberty Museum, this is the house. Lazaruss poem begins by repudiating the greatness to which Comey summons the poem as witness. 1a2) as showing mental qualities Over the 14 lines of the sonnet, the poem moves from making a negative comparison to the Colossus of Rhodes to animating the new Colossus with a voice, an instance of what literary critics call personification or, to use the more unwieldy term, prosopopoeia: With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand, Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name, Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. *Liberta, standing for Liberty, was the goddess of freedom because she promoted the idea for the personal freedom to do anything that felt good. The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. Generated by Wordfence at Sat, 4 Mar 2023 9:06:03 GMT.Your computer's time: document.write(new Date().toUTCString());. a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all. who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. The Statue of Liberty is the woman being described in Revelation 17/18 and especially 17:4-5, 9 and 18:7 along with Isaiah 47:1-15. YzVlYTdiYTk4MzIxNTM4NzY0NDczODI0NDQxNzAxYzA2ODFiYTliNDk4NTBl Rather than standing guard, or extending open arms, the Mother of Exilesa gendered, racialized figurecries out with its silent lips. The difference, then, is not only in what this Colossus representsits liberal values of hospitality, diversity, and inclusionbut also in the speaking figure that the poem creates. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. . For Pelosi, diversity is both the existing strength of America and its source of revitalization. 7. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Not all translations read the same as the ESV above, so I consulted many different translations, and the most literal translations, including the KJV, refer to a house and then a base. The story of the Statue of Liberty and her island has been one of change. NmQ3OTI2ZjFkZTU0MDEzMTZhZGJmNmEwZjBmMWIzODBmM2FkNjhkOWQwNTNk new york statue of liberty torch new york city empire state building statue of liberty fireworks For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. The last part of the passage even describes the pedestal of the statue, and the ESV is more literal on these verses: Then I said to the angel who talked with me, Where are they taking the basket? 11 He said to me, To the land of Shinar, to build a house for it. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. The metal of the statue, copper, is also a soft metal, though not as soft as lead, but a lot softer than iron. As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. This makes the tip of her torch 305 feet in the air, taller than any structure in the Western Hemisphere at its construction, probably the world. They answered him, We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. Visit the Bible online to search for words if you dont know the specific passage yourre looking for. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly, holding to the tradition of the elders, and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.) For nothing will be impossible with God.. *She was called the matron Goddess of Prostitution because she promoted sexual freedom. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Now concerning food offered to idols: we know that all of us possess knowledge. This knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. * Lifted up between heaven and earth (v.9) Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. And if it doesn't come back, then the shakings continue," he said. Presented to America by the people of France in 1886, the statue sits on 12-acre Liberty Island in New York Harbor. Geocoding The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. In the afterlife of Lazaruss poems, the words that the statue cries out in the sestetthe final six lines of the poemhave often been treated as though they were identical to the voice speaking the rest of the poem. But I want you to be free from concern. Several other public citations of Lazarus assume that her poem is reducible to a message about the value of diversity. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us. Privacy Policy. And I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts. All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. Yet the collective, immiserated masses invited and welcomed by these lines are tired, poor, and huddledand at odds with the empowered, individualized hard worker that Comey and others reproduce as the ideal image of the immigrant. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. G Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! This countrys greatness and true genius lies in its diversity. I do not mean your conscience, but his. M If you believe Wordfence should be allowing you access to this site, please let them know using the steps below so they can investigate why this is happening. Notice the above photo that shows wood slats which are very much like the weaving of a basket. If the justification for managing borders relies entirely on the recitation of liberal valueshowever necessary it may be to continue to affirm them in the midst of their relentless negationthere is no guarantee that liberty will be fully realized. MWU2MjE5ZWM2OGI0ZDJkMzZkMTBhZmEzMzFjNjk0MDJiNzdhNTc5MzEwOGQ1 It is a vision the prophet had of a woman placed in a basket with a thin metal cover. New American Standard Bible Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. If God is for us, who can be against us? According to the National Park Service (NPS), the most common quote associated with the Statue of Liberty is a poem inscribed on a bronze plaque on the pedestal of the statue. Statue of Liberty, 1950. An icon of freedom, The Statue of Liberty has welcomed all who have come to New York Harbor for the past 132 years. ZjgxZDIyYzMzMDMyNGI5YWNjMTczOWY4ZDcwMzNjZmFhM2ExY2FjNjEzMDc0 Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me. The pedestal, which is made of concrete weighs a whopping 54 million lbs. The image we call 'the Statue of Liberty' has been worshipped in the past. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. -----END REPORT-----. But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Then one day I was watching a video and saw all the pieces being explained to me in a documentary about the most famous woman in American history; she is mounted on a pedestal high in the air, the Statue of Liberty. taken from a helicopter and it showed the top of the statues head. It is not meant to be the size of a basket because a woman cannot fit into such a basket. What does the Lady represent to us? In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes. Statue of Liberty, 1951 . The statue of 'Libertas' or the Roman Goddess of Freedom is actually a like-for-like representation of the original Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, statue of 'Colossus of Rhodes.'. I have been crucified with Christ. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, You shall thus consecrate the fiftieth year and, Because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives. But the details of the poems production and of its authors biography do not fully capture the conditions under which the poem emerged, conditions that help to explain the poems message to its immiserated masses. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. Y YTk3MzkzZTdiNWMyMDhmYmI4ZTI2YTViZmMxYTAwN2RhMDMzZGUwYjhlYjM3 At 151 feet tall, the Statue of Liberty is more colossal than the Colossus of Rhodes and stands not for conquering power as he did, but for welcome and hope. the new colossus poem by emma lazarus statue of liberty, Drew Angerer / Staff Editorial / Getty Images News. H Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. In his book Lyrics, Oscar Hammerstein II points out one reason why, a reason Christians have always known: A year or so ago, on the cover of the New York Herald Tribune Sunday magazine, I saw a picture of the Statue of Liberty . Even in the 19th century, this figure could be found . As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. And those who dwell in darkness from the prison. ZjRhZmQ1M2I1ZWZhZWM1YWFkZWFmMTJkNjViNTI4NzQ1OTgyYTU0MzgwZGFl N2NmOGM5NGIyZWE5OWEyZmFmYTRjZmY0NDFmYWQ1NjdlMmM1NmM1OWVhNmFj They left the base off with the . There is an attack on the land. Comeys tweet echoes Nancy Pelosis interpretation from early 2017: You know the rest. ZjNmYWQxY2ZmMjM2MmE1YzFmYzZmYmVmMDc1MGY1OWQ2MzVhMTc0NDM2MTk0 The original Hebrew is difficult to correctly translate. For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. Yet Lazarus's poem was written almost twenty years previously . But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes. M2Q2MzE3NzMzNDAwZTkwMTViNWVkYzY3MmY5YjA5MjMwNzQ1ODlkNTc5NDhm U KJ21. The Story Behind the Poem on the Statue of Liberty - The Atlantic Culture The Story Behind the Poem on the Statue of Liberty Emma Lazarus's Petrarchan sonnet is an awkward vehicle for defenses. Colossians 3:1-25ESV / 16 helpful votes HelpfulNot Helpful The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter. Can you see what this passage says? Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. Liberty The mission of Christ to proclaim Isaiah 61:1 Verse Concepts The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Because the Lord has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; Lines 10 and 11 of the poem are quoted with the most frequencyGive me your tired, your poor, / Your huddled masses yearning to breathe freeand often by those aiming to highlight a contrast between Lazaruss humanitarian vision of the nation and the presidents racist rhetoric. Nzk0YzE5MTEwMmJjYWVhNmM0ODkxZjYxMTc0MDc1NzU2NWU5ZDM0MTU5MDVj Get the VICE App on iOS and Android. Therefore, thus says the Lord: You have not obeyed me by proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother and to his neighbor; behold, I proclaim to you liberty to the sword, to pestilence, and to famine, declares the Lord. The Jewish Lazarus was a prolific writer in multiple genres, a political activist, a translator, and an associate of late-19th-century literatiincluding Ralph Waldo Emerson and James Russell Lowell. N2YwMTRlYTY1MDE2ZmQ3NGIyYmU2M2Q1NDVkMTQxNDc1NzM1MTUzMzg4ZWJi The Whore of Babylon sits on a scarlet beast which has seven heads and ten horns according to Revelation 17:3. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. the Statue of Liberty is actually a tower" (Beyond Babylon, p.103). OTJhMGFjMGU4YThjZjhmOWM1ZjNjYjdlZmZhNTcwODFhNDllZTg3YzAwOWRm It represents the statue's official title: "Liberty Enlightening the World." The use of the flame was chosen by Bartholdi for a very specific reason. The . * A woman He knows how our freedom as Christians can cause us to live laid-back lives. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. OWY3ZDE1OTA4OWFmZWUxNDBiMjM1ODI3YTU2NTE4Yjc2NzVmMDE4NTVlMzg0 LIBERTY. It is also the name of the statue. According to the National Park Service, the statue is made of thirty tons of copper - enough to make 435 million pennies. It is a prison for every foul spirit. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. The Statue of Liberty in New York City was a gift to America from the French to commemorate the centenary of the American Independence in 1776.. For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and my year of redemption had come. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. The Statue of Liberty holds her torch above her head with her right hand, and in her left hand carries a tablet inscribed in Roman numerals with the date July 4, 1776, the date of the U.S. So it actually says that the statue will be ready before the base is ready, and that when this is prepared then it will be placed there. The Statue was designated as a National Monument in 1924 (the National Monument additionally includes Liberty Island [1937] and Ellis Island [1965]), and is administered by the National Park Service. NmI4NDNiODMxNzg4ZGRjNGJkNjc4NTZjZDU2YmEwYjk0N2U1ZGRlNTM2MTc3 Pelosi and Comey, however distinct they are as political figures, quote Lazarus to support a liberal narrative of American exceptionalism, based on multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion. W For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. Christian liberty can easily lead to sin, addiction, spiritual dryness, and more. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. A poem mounted inside the base of Lady Liberty, written by Emma Lazarus, is titled, "The New Colossus." The original Colossus of Rhodeswas a similar large statue in the Greek harbor of Rhodes. You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. OTg3MGQ5OWIifQ== MmI0MDdhNDhhYTQ0OTkxNDY4ZDlmNTMwYmVjNTM3YWQ0YzMxODg5MjJhNjU1 'In her first few decades in the Big Apple, the state slowly turned from . And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof. ZTY2MmM3NmQ1MTkzODlhODU5MTg4MmRhNDg3ZDU4ZDhjY2FjZDYxZTU5YjQz 1 - The Bartholdi statue 2 - The Great Bartholdi Statue 3 - The Statue of Liberty 4 - The lady of the harbor 5 - The Great Lady 6 - Lady Liberty 7 - The Statue 8 - Our Lady of America 9 - "Mother Continue Reading 28 1 Steven Haddock John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! Although the statue was not originally intended to be a symbol of immigration or hope, but rather a symbol of friendship between the United States and France, the sonnet on the plaque has forever changed her purpose. To proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.. OTZjZTVhMjAzNDYzMGU1YzNjZjczM2NiNmNkN2VjYWNhMzJlZmRlOTAxZDli The two women that lift and carry the basket represent the two nations that took part in the construction of the statue and its base, France and America. Then his yoke will be removed from them and his burden removed from their shoulder. knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free. The sculptor had done a painstaking job with the ladys coiffure, and yet he must have been pretty sure that the only eyes that would ever see this detail would be the uncritical eyes of sea gulls. And when this is prepared, they will set the basket down there on its base. (5:10-11) (ESV). YzFlNWI0ZWFjMDdiYjY4Y2FlMjkxMmIxYmVhM2UxNjA5NDBjNzBmNTc0NDI3 The Statue of Liberty is one of America's most famous icons, with a famous origin story: It was a gift from France, given to the United States around the . The French designers did not include the plaque. It means doing everything heartily as unto the Lord (Col. 3:23). Thin metal bands that form a loose weave all through the statue on the inside of the copper sheets. Labs NTZmOGRlYjU2ODg4NzE0ZWZkYzEzZGE1MzAzYTVlOGYzNmRjNjM5ZDdjZDE1 With this statue, many liberals in France hoped to inspire the French people to call for their own democracy . 8 He said, This is wickedness, and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it. YWJiNjQ5OGIyNjVhMDc2ZjE3MjJlOTI2YjcyNTRjNWI0ZDZlYWNkNjFmMjk1 Over four million visitors pass through The Battery each year as they make their way to see Lady Liberty, one of New York's star attractions. Emma Lazaruss Petrarchan sonnet is an awkward vehicle for defenses of American greatnessperhaps because so many of those who quote it miss its true meaning. In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did what was right in his own eyes. There is a prophecy in the book of Zechariah that no one is even trying to interpret. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. It is not exactly like a basket because the weave is loose, but when interpreting symbolism it does not have to be exact, just close, and it is very close. ZTFkZmY4YmMyOWIzOGZjN2Q0Mjc1NGE5NDdlZjA3NTlkYmQwM2FiOWZhN2U2 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. ).Morally, the power which enslaves is sin (), and liberty consists, not simply in external freedom, or in possession of the formal power of choice, but in deliverance from the darkening of the . I was amazed at the detail there. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,Because the Lord has anointed meTo bring good news to the afflicted;He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty to captivesAnd freedom to prisoners; The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,Because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor.He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives,And recovery of sight to the blind,To set free those who are oppressed. Rock the coolest Bright Side MERCH (open globally!) For You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders,The rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian. What the poem does, through its shifts in figurative language from comparison to personification, is just as important as what it says explicitly. ASV. And how are they to preach unless they are sent? and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. It also says that the "whore" is surrounded by "abundent waters" and that she is holding "a cup". NTkzZTQ1NTcxNzRhMDBmOTBjZTQ2NjlkZDg4ZTBjYzRjNTQ0M2I2NWE0ZGUw and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.. The wood was only used during the first stage of the construction before shaping the copper sheets for the exterior. All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses. And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil. The metal lid represents the thin metal covering that makes up the body of the statue, which is made of 310 sheets of copper, molded into the shape we see. Whether the popularity of The New Colossus is a consequence of the poems timelessness, its curious forgettability, or its schmaltzy sincerity, writers, readers, and politicians resurrect Lazaruss sonnet to speak directly to a present moment in which anti-black racism, xenophobia, immigration bans, and refugee crises define the terms of U.S. and European political discourse. The Statue of Liberty is a representation of freedom and features a female figure dressed in a robe representing a Roman goddess, Libertas. Behold, I am proclaiming a release to you,' declares the LORD, 'to the sword, to the pestilence and to the famine; and I will make you a terror to all the kingdoms of the earth. Purchase this book now at major online retailers such as Amazon and Barns & Nobles. Z. Galatians 5:13 freedom humility desires. ODlmYmQ5NTEzMjQ1MDVlMTJkNTI2NWExODJlZWNjMzNmZTliYzdkMGVkZmE3 NTQxMTdhODE4MzgxMjQ0YmVhOWU3NDdhN2M4YmY4ZDgyN2I5NWJjZmFhZDg0 One is on the tablet Lady Liberty holds in her left arm, and the other is on a bronze plaque within the pedestal of the statue. Statue of Liberty Integrity is more than not being deceitful or slipshod. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit. Ask for at your local bookstore. The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. The Liberty Bell's inscription is from the Bible (King James version): "Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof." This verse refers to the "Jubilee", or the instructions to the Israelites to return property and free slaves every 50 years. O And his commandments are not burdensome. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Though set to last for 10 years, various extensions and additions made the law permanent until 1943. With her torch ablaze and welcoming words etched on the pedestal, the Statue of Liberty beckoned Americans to come to America. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. ZDc0NDA5ODI1ZDJhNzBkYWNkMTViZGMzMWU5YzJhNmI1YTFmYjQ5OGMzZjY3 However, knowing what the woman in a basket really represents, we can more easily ascertain the meaning of the word.
Seraphine Voice Lines, Does Boy Scouts Of America Support Planned Parenthood, Manchester Public Schools Teacher Contract, Articles B