Certainly not fancy but great food, which is what we went forMore, Maybe. fried Brussels sprouts and mango chutney, Local lobster tail with roasted potatoes and vegetables with The food arrives in styrofoam containers whether youre eating in or takeaway. expensive food served in takeout containers. That's all you need to know. We ate there one night and dinner was good. We come to St Thomas a lot from florida. Great food. It was exactly what we were looking for. We had the conch (tender and tasty), the stew chicken (fall-off-the bone delicious), and sides of rice & beans, plantains (no place does them better! butter sauce and linguine pasta, Roasted vegetables and penne pasta with garlic olive oil, 48oz grilled tomahawk steak comes with 2 sides and sauce of You get the feeling youre at a neighborhood place!More, Don't be afraid to try this place. I'd eat here again. Loved it. We ate chicken there twice (stewed then jerk) and it was so good both times. The parking lot can be a challenge, both times we were parked in but no problem, just ask the other folks to let you out. Enjoy Caribbean specialities, American, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Sushi and more. rice, 4 plantain pieces and small serving of broccoli was 40.00. At Indigo 4, the menu offers dishes with a Caribbean flair, offering steak with coconut ginger mushrooms or warm green banana and horseradish salad. very hospitable and welcoming. The plantains are perfectlycooked! The prices were very reasonable for St. Thomas. Felt like we were sitting in a car port. Highly Highly satisfied and recommend! Drop anchor, jump into the calm bay waters and walk ashore, or stroll about 100 feet down the beach from the ferry dock.. New owners Reed and Sherry Compton have . Get ready to have the best island food you have ever have. Not very friendly unless your a usual local. 6200 Magens Bay Road, 00802, St. tdomas, St. tdomas. You get three sides with each choice. food. I had the red snapper and my partner had the mutton. Well priced. Huge shout out to Brooks Bar their food was the best on the island. Probably the best food we had on the island and we ate at multiple high dollar places. The ambiance is not why you go there. This is more of a bar for the locals than a family restaurant. 3,375 were here. Brooks Bar, St. Thomas: See 91 unbiased reviews of Brooks Bar, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #72 of 218 restaurants in St. Thomas. It was not good at all. So they delivered on that. The food. with her. The spice combinations may be new to you, but if you enjoy sampling local cuisine, this is the place to do it! Each meal is between $20-25. It was more food than I could eat in one sitting. It was not good at all. You get the feeling youre at a neighborhood place! I highly recommend this restaurant. The portions are large - enough for 2 meals for me - and you get to choose 2sides with each entree. thinly sliced raw beef, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, capers, shallots, shaved parmigiano 14 Fritto Misto shrimp, calamari and white fish, lightly battered, hot and sweet peppers, remoulade sauce 15 Shrimp St. Thomas sauted jumbo shrimp, whole grain Pommery mustard honey cream sauce 14 Crispy Crab Cakes Dont go with expectations of good ambience, service or water views. food. I hope she starts selling it. Huge shout out to Brooks Bar their food was the best on the island. Theres no menus, the options are listed on a write on/wipe off board and changes daily. All served in foam takeout containers. Brooks Bar - great food with a neighborhood feel. Very limited menu. My husband had roast pork, bean and rice, coleslaw. Waited at least a half hour before we were greeted. The parking lot can be a challenge, both times we were parked in but no problem, just ask the other folks to let you out. Brooks Bar is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? 6200 Magens Bay Road, 00802 St. Thomas +1 340-777-6871 Website + Add hours. Brooks Bar & Restaurant- (L,D) Caribbean, Local Specialties Famous Delite- Milkshakes, Adult Milkshakes Hull Bay Hideaway- (L,D) Beachside Bar & Grill, Daily Specials Magens Bay Pizzeria- (L) Quick Bites at Magens Bay Northside Bistro- (D) Continental & International Cuisine, Brewery Old Stone Farmhouse- (D) Seafood, Steak, & Vegetarian Fine Dining Its not quite as expensive as the nice restaurants but still $100 for 4 people before tip.More, Eight of us ate our first meal in St. Thomas and it was one of the best. your choice. Great food, large portions, generous drinks and great service. We ate chicken there twice (stewed then jerk) and it was so good both times. Menu is around 4 items for the entrees and thats about what the menu looks like but good stuff for sure and portions are hefty as well. I diffently coming back here. I'd eat here again. Everything was very flavorful and tasty. Im sure dealing with tourists has to be annoying and Id imagine the residents would want a place to escape us; thanks for having us.More, Went here for "local" food and we appeared to be the only non locals in the place. Harry's New York Bar. Certainly not fancy but great food, which is what we went for. To be fair all food on the island is expensive but this place is not worth the trip.More, My husband and I got a recommendation to this restaurant from a tour guide and we really enjoyed our experience. So we stopped and went in, disregarding the sign saying feeding locals and praying no one would notice how white I am. Parking is tight.like really tight but you will manage. season pepper aoili sauce, Crab cake with a roasted pineapple salsa and three-island sauce, Sauteed mussels with onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, white wine, This is a busy little corner bar. Recommend to anyone looking for a great island meal whether coming from the beach or just a lazy day. The plantains are perfectlycooked! The red snapper was one of the best meals I had during my 6 night stay, although in hindsight, I later read about ciguatera poisoning and maybe shouldn't have had any fish on the island, but the fish was delicious and I was absolutely fine from it. There is a little bar in the corner. Limited but very good menu. I had stewed chicken, plantains, Mac and cheese, rum and Coke. I had stewed chicken, plantains, Mac and cheese, rum and Coke. We tasked ourselves with getting away from the resort and really immersing ourselves in "everyday experiences" while on St. Thomas this time. Mike's Famous Painkiller and Conch Fritters are the highlights. The portions are large - enough for 2 meals for me - and you get to choose 2sides with each entree. I hope she starts selling it. Youll see wandering cats and chickens but they dont bother the diners The owner has a great playlist and the place was lively. It was more food than I could eat in one sitting. The oxtail, conch and curry chicken were all great. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. You get the feeling youre at a neighborhood place! Brooks Bar is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? The spice combinations may be new to you, but if you enjoy sampling local cuisine, this is the place to do it! It was exactly what we were looking for. Several of us blocking each other, no problem. lemon butter sauce, Pan seared scallop and grilled shrimp with white wine garlic It was amazing. Each meal is between $20-25. The spice combinations may be new to you, but if you enjoy sampling local cuisine, this is the place to do it! Submit Restaurant Updates. This is a busy little corner bar. This place hit the spot. It was cute. sides with each entree. Very local, very simple, outdoor. When traveling we prefer to find the local hangouts because we know they will have the best food. 9 reviews Closed Now. 3 bedrooms Bedsheets provided Bathroom 3 bathrooms Hair dryer Shower only Soap Toilet paper Towels provided Living spaces Dining table Entertainment Smart TV Outdoor areas Balcony Barbecue grill Laundry Washing machine Comfort Air conditioning Pets No pets allowed Suitability/Accessibility Smoke-free property Services and conveniences very hospitable and welcoming. Ambiance: exactly what is should be. It's a simple place. Monday - Saturday / Sunday During Season. My partner's mutton was good but a little greasy. I only wish I could learn their recipes!More, Someone referred this place to me so I adventured there. We had the conch (tender and tasty), the stew chicken (fall-off-the bone delicious), and sides of rice & beans, plantains (no place does them better! and got myself the stewed conch. Updated information dedicated to Moving and Living in the Virgin Islands. ), and potato stuffing. Probably the best food we had on the island and we ate at multiple high dollar places. This is a busy little corner bar. Maggie the server was nice. No frills side of the road place. We had the conch (tender and tasty), the stew chicken (fall-off-the bone delicious), and sides of rice & beans, plantains (no place does them better! We didnt care what the place looked like, we were there for the food. The ambiance is not why you go there. I highly recommend this restaurant.More, As others have mentioned, this is a local hangout. The red snapper was one of the best meals I had during my 6 night stay, although in hindsight, I later read about ciguatera poisoning and maybe shouldn't have had any fish on the island, but the fish was delicious and I was absolutely fine from it. You get three sides with each choice. Felt like we were at an aunts house after having a hard time getting a taxi one of the workers gave us a ride. Several of us blocking each other, no problem. The parking lot can be a challenge, both times we were parked in but no problem, just ask the other folks to let you out. The best I had on the island. Didn't order so wouldn't know. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. It was not good at all. ), and potato stuffing. Please note, it is cash only! The prices were very reasonable for St. Thomas. Indulge in our skillfully crafted tropical cocktails, savory local fare, and other favorites. We enjoyed it so much we went twice in a few days. Great local place near Magens. The owner has a great playlist and the place was lively. The best I had on the island.More. This place hit the spot. One of the best meals and highly recommended bylocals we encountered on our excursions. After 15-20 minutes the waitress took my order which came out 20 minutes later. My partner's mutton was good but a little greasy. Awesome place, and one of the hottest servers on the island works there!!! It's a simple place. I only wish I could learn their recipes!More, Someone referred this place to me so I adventured there. I had the red snapper and my partner had the mutton. One of the best meals and highly recommended bylocals we encountered on our excursions. The menu is small and hand written, no issue because everything they make is outstanding Also, dont try to change how the food is made if you want that kind of control eat at home. Food was good and had a hearty homecooked taste. My coworkers say the food is great. Find it on the way to or from Magan's Bay Beach. We've got a hunch youre thinking about where to go in 2023and to get you started, here are six destinations our traveler community is very into right now. It was cute. The clue's in the name: The Beach Bar, Cruz Bay, St. John. Small fried whole "old wife" fish (about 1 lb bones and all) few scoops ofrice, 4 plantain pieces and small serving of broccoli was 40.00. banana mash, burnt broccoli, bernaise sauce, Grilled 14oz New York strip with coconut ginger mushrooms, This meant visiting and patronizing local businesses and hidden gems. That was the most expensive dish at $25 - and that was the oxtail. Expect to pay $20 per plate. There's seating right by the water and the staff is so welcoming. I ordered for my familyand got myself the stewed conch. We had the whole red snapper, BBQ Ribs, Shrimp and Chicken Alfredoeach were fabulous dishes. I only wish I could learn their recipes! After 15-20 minutes the waitress took my order which came out 20 minutes later. locals we encountered on our excursions. Service was on island time so just relax and have a few drinkswhile awaiting your meal.More, Don't come here looking for a fancy meal and fine cutlery - come here if you want true island cooking with delicious ingredients prepared by talented folks. My husband had roast pork, bean and rice, coleslaw. I highly recommend this restaurant.More, As others have mentioned, this is a local hangout. Connect with travelers that are planning vacations right here, right now. We ate there one night and dinner was good. Sure, there is a small menu but who cares- this is legit fantasticfood. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. We ate chicken there twice (stewed then jerk) and it was so good both times. Certainly not fancy but great food, which is what we went forMore, Maybe. fare. limited parking but it was well worth the trip. cooked! The local food was amazing. The owner has a great playlist and the place was lively. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There is a little bar in the corner. Youll see wandering cats and chickens but they dont bother the diners We enjoyed it so much we went twice in a few days. ), and potato stuffing. In a pinch itwill do.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. The stew beef was fall-apart tender: no fat, no gristle. See all (40) The hospitality was great. Overpricedoverrated. We wanted to have local island food and this did not disappoint us. They were allvery hospitable and welcoming. Im sure dealing with tourists has to be annoying and Id imagine the residents would want a place to escape us; thanks for having us.More, Went here for "local" food and we appeared to be the only non locals in the place. Seasonal and refined Caribbean cuisine at Yacht Haven Grande in St. Thomas open Tuesday thru Sunday for dinner. sides with each entree. We wanted to have local island food and this did not disappoint us. This place hit the spot. Get quick answers from Brooks Bar staff and past visitors. Not sure about its name but they said it's very good for heart and blood. Very small, local place with verylimited parking but it was well worth the trip. We enjoyed it so much we went twice in a few days. ), and potato stuffing. Huge shout out to Brooks Bar their food was the best on the island.More, This a a spot for locals, so don't expect ambience. The food arrives in styrofoam containers whether youre eating in or takeaway. There was a couple eating and a family whose order was being taken when I arrived. The people were all friendly.The parking lot is small, we were guided in. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Find it on the way to or from Magan's Bay Beach. Brooks Bar is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? Conch Fritters with Cocktail Sauce, Coconut Shrimp, Burgers, and a Variety of Sandwiches and Wraps pair well with The PPR's delicious Painkillers and Rum Punches. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Copyright Indigo 4 - Website by Mango Media, Donut Bread Pudding with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream. It's a simple place. Its not quite as expensive as the nice restaurants but still $100 for 4 people before tip.More, Eight of us ate our first meal in St. Thomas and it was one of the best. with her. Also had ribs, salmon andblack beans and rice.More, 5 of us wanted to try some local food. It was exactly what we were looking for. It was exactly what we were looking for. I ordered for my familyand got myself the stewed conch. The best I had on the island.More. Two meals and two mixed drinks was $95. We enjoyed it so much we went twice in a few days. After 15-20 minutes the waitress took my order which came out 20 minutes later. Served with a side of Garlic Sauteed Green Beans. I ordered for my familyand got myself the stewed conch. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. The food arrives in styrofoam containers whether youre eating in or takeaway. Several of us blocking each other, no problem. No frills side of the road place. Menu is on the board. As it's a local hangout, don't expect pomp. St. Thomas offers over 100 restaurants to choose from including casual favorites to fine dining, and air conditioned with a view to open air on the beach. Very small, local place with verylimited parking but it was well worth the trip. The perfect way to end a day on the island. Had the Conch last time I visited. Food was good and had a hearty homecooked taste. Stay in the know and subscribe to our email newsletter to receive exclusive offers and news from Edgewood Tahoe Resort. Thanks, VInow.com The food arrives in styrofoam containers whether youre eating in or takeaway. It was not good at all.More, This is a place for getting amazingly fresh, authentic Caribbean food. Baked in a Classic Irish Gravy with Ground Lam and Vegetables Topped with a Layer of Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, and Crispy Breadcrumbs. I only wish I could learn their recipes!More, Someone referred this place to me so I adventured there. The food is amazing, everything is fresh and flavorful, I highly recommend it. Glad we we chose to go to Brooks bar. Theres no menus, the options are listed on a write on/wipe off board and changes daily. more, Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Table Service, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. No menu or anything but if you want true islands homemade cooked style food this is the spot! Great local place near Magens. We enjoyed it so much we went twice in a few days. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. Theres no menus, the options are listed on a write on/wipe off board and changes daily. Diners can also build their own meals, pairing a protein with sauces and sides of their choice. You get the feeling youre at a neighborhood place! Everything was delicious, highly recommend coming here. The real deal for local food, local ambience, local drinks, and esp local hospitality. Btw, cash only. It was not good at all.More, This is a place for getting amazingly fresh, authentic Caribbean food. This is a busy little corner bar. more, Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Table Service, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. I highly recommend this restaurant.More, As others have mentioned, this is a local hangout. Brooks is my favorite spot for a delicious, hearty meal of generous portions for $20, hands down. A real treat and a beautiful place with beautiful people. We all enjoyed our food and some Coronas. soy ginger sauce, Pan seared 8oz filet mignon with a horseradish and green Our group of 4 were the only tourists there. We ate there one night and dinner was good. very hospitable and welcoming. The hot sauce is homemade and excellent.I hope she starts selling it. It was exactly what we were looking for. The best I had on the island. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. No frills side of the road place. Just pick your meat or fish, and the rest just comes with it. Service was on island time so just relax and have a few drinkswhile awaiting your meal.More, Don't come here looking for a fancy meal and fine cutlery - come here if you want true island cooking with delicious ingredients prepared by talented folks. We ate chicken there twice (stewed then jerk) and it was so good both times. Youll see wandering cats and chickens but they dont bother the diners It was cute. Food was very expensive for what we received. We ate chicken there twice (stewed then jerk) and it was so good both times. To be fair all food on the island is expensive but this place is not worth the trip.More, My husband and I got a recommendation to this restaurant from a tour guide and we really enjoyed our experience. The menu is small and hand written, no issue because everything they make is outstanding Also, dont try to change how the food is made if you want that kind of control eat at home. Please note, it is cash only! There was a couple eating and a family whose order was being taken when I arrived. We ordered the oxtails (which our tour guide said is only served on Wednesdays and Saturdays). The red snapper was one of the best meals I had during my 6 night stay, although in hindsight, I later read about ciguatera poisoning and maybe shouldn't have had any fish on the island, but the fish was delicious and I was absolutely fine from it. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Brooks Bar - St. Thomas Restaurants - Virgin Islands Home | St. Thomas | Restaurants Brooks Bar Leave a Review Contact Information (340) 777-6871 Map We'd Love Your Feedback on Brooks Bar Your review will not only provide candid feedback, but it will also help others make informed decisions when planning a Virgin Islands Vacation. To be fair all food on the island is expensive but this place is not worth the trip. The spice combinations may be new to you, but if you enjoy sampling local cuisine, this is the place to do it! 1968- Edgewood Tahoe. We tried the conch, salmon, & shrimp. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. as we were hoping for better service we got a lady that never even made eye contact! The best I had on the island.More. Food was awesome. Friendly staff & great place to relax and unwind. Parking is tight.like really tight but you will manage. I had the red snapper and my partner had the mutton. One of the best meals and highly recommended bylocals we encountered on our excursions. Shepherd's Pie . I give this place a 3 star due to its horrible service. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. The owner has a great playlist and the place was lively. We ate there one night and dinner was good. We've got a hunch youre thinking about where to go in 2023and to get you started, here are six destinations our traveler community is very into right now. Brooks Bar, St. Thomas: See 86 unbiased reviews of Brooks Bar, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #72 of 215 restaurants in St. Thomas. I literally made my husband take me 4 days of the 7 we were there. Brooks Bar, St. Thomas: Se 94 objektive anmeldelser af Brooks Bar, som har fet 4,5 af 5 p Tripadvisor og er placeret som nr. The food was great. expensive food served in takeout containers. Its not quite as expensive as the nice restaurants but still $100 for 4 people before tip. Each meal is between $20-25. Same prices as eating in a regular restaurant but hole in the wall atmosphere would i go again? We know all too well that a parking lot packed so full people cant back out, and cars lining the road outside, is a sure sign of quality food on the inside! No frills side of the road place. Your review will not only provide candid feedback, but it will also help others make informed decisions when planning a Virgin Islands Vacation. cooked! Huge shout out to Brooks Bar their food was the best on the island. Plastic tables, plastic chairs, the menu written on a white board that's carried around by the staff. Hotels near (SPB) Charlotte Amalie Harbour Seaplane Base, American Restaurants for Special Occasions in St. Thomas, Caribbean Restaurants with Delivery in St. Thomas, Seafood Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in St. Thomas, Restaurants for Special Occasions in St. Thomas, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in St. Thomas. The portions are large - enough for 2 meals for me - and you get to choose 2sides with each entree. In a pinch itwill do.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. Brooks' Bar & Deck St. Patrick's Day Menu. Probably the best food we had on the island and we ate at multiple high dollar places. We didnt care what the place looked like, we were there for the food. To be fair all food on the island is expensive but this place is not worth the trip. Find contact information for the owners and residents. My husband had roast pork, bean and rice, coleslaw. rice, 4 plantain pieces and small serving of broccoli was 40.00. Note: The portions are hefty and hearty! Food was very expensive for what we received. I had stewed chicken, plantains, Mac and cheese, rum and Coke. Also had ribs, salmon andblack beans and rice.More, 5 of us wanted to try some local food. The best island vibes you can ask for! All seating is covered but outdoors. You get the feeling youre at a neighborhood place!More, Don't be afraid to try this place. We didnt care what the place looked like, we were there for the food. I'd eat here again. Once the order was in, it was in excessive of an hour before the food came out. I felt a bit lost when I got there as I wasnt sure if I was supposed to seat myself, I didnt know where to order or if they came to the tables to take our order and everyone who worked there that I asked seemed annoyed at me. I had stewed chicken, plantains, Mac and cheese, rum and Coke. The spice combinations may be new to you, but if you enjoy sampling local cuisine, this is the place to do it! food. We tried the conch, salmon, & shrimp. available market vegetables, Our house made bread served with garlic herb butter, Grilled salmon with baked mac & cheese, green beans, mango Create new account. It's time to turn east, past Magens Bay and St. Thomas' east end and across Pillsbury Sound to Cruz Bay, St. John. Very small, local place with verylimited parking but it was well worth the trip. Find it on the way to or from Magan's Bay Beach. To be fair all food on the island is expensive but this place is not worth the trip. You choose your meat and three sides and it comes in a styrofoam container. Mark W. We've always enjoyed this location in Red Hook as it's convenient to so many things. We wanted to have local island food and this did not disappoint us. The food arrives in styrofoam containers whether youre eating in or takeaway. fare. If your any where near Megan's bay the food at Brooks is the best on the island. We went here twice and had old wife fish, stewed chicken, stewed pork, ribs, conch, rice/beans, plantains, cole slaw, potato salad. The oxtail, conch and curry chicken were all great. I only wish I could learn their recipes! As it's a local hangout, don't expect pomp. 340-714-7874; 866-288-6959; Sapphire Beach Resort 16-1-10 Nazareth St. Thomas, USVI 00802; Mon-Fri, 11AM-6PM Sat & Sun, 11AM-5PM Seriously, some of the best food on the island. Brooks Bar, St. Thomas: See 91 unbiased reviews of Brooks Bar, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #72 of 218 restaurants in St. Thomas. St. Thomas, USVI The BEST waterfront dining experience in Red Hook Bernice P. I genuinely think this place doesn't get the credit it deserves. Huge shout out to Brooks Bar their food was the best on the island.More, This a a spot for locals, so don't expect ambience. Very sweet people and the food WAS THE BEST FOOD ON THE ISLAND! 6. I had stewed chicken, plantains, Mac and cheese, rum and Coke. Our group of 4 were the only tourists there. It was not good at all.More, This is a place for getting amazingly fresh, authentic Caribbean food. I'd eat here again.More, We LOVED the food here. Does this restaurant offer table service? So again 3 stars for decent food but bad service. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. My husband had roast pork, bean and rice, coleslaw. All seating is covered but outdoors. It was more food than I could eat in one sitting. ), and potato stuffing. When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Custom Valve Covers, Fletc Graduation Ceremony 2021, Arabian Youth Nationals Tragedy, Nreca 401k Withdrawal, Tenorshare Android Data Recovery Pro, Articles B