DTE Energy Co. plans to invest an additional $70 million into tree trimming in 2021 and 2022 after a recent series of severe weather storms caused multiple electricity outages in Southeast Michigan. Be the first one to find this review helpful. 280 Lighthouse Circle We are intermittently experiencing technical difficulties with processing payments. After flowers fade, the tree produces seed capsules that attract songbirds. Now we lost power this past weekend for 3 days. March 15th - April 14th and July 16th - October 15th These periods are collectively referred to as the "Lessor Risk" period when the risk of transmitting oak wilt is very low. As of this morning, as far as we knew, no one came to look at the situation. "This increased investment will help to bring the reliability improvements driven by tree trimming to more customers faster," said Lauer, whose DTE subsidiary serves 2.2 million consumers in . If you are a TreeGuard Assurance customer and you experience an outage related to your overhead service drop, simply file a claim and we will send a certified tree trim crew to haul away tree debris and trim back trees within a five foot radius of your line. We called Consumers again. Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox. The contractor provides the city with the expertise of a certified arborist capable of assessing tree conditions and making recommendations to save or remove trees. Consumers Energy delivers electricity to 1.8 million homes of Michigans Lower Peninsula with more than 60,000 miles of lines. Go fix yourself or die. Hall said many trees need to be trimmed because of mistakes made in the past. While I am fine with that, they seem to be saw happy. Consumers Energy supplies electricity to 1.8 million homes and businesses, largely outside of metropolitan Detroit. I am very frustrated that I have watched as everywhere else was put ahead of us and everywhere else is with power again with us being one of the first areas to lose it. Following the presentation, Commissioner Jon Joslin raised some concerns about residents in the area getting the proper amount of notification. One neighbor in the Dye Krest Woods subdivision hired a crew to clean up what Consumers Energy's contracted tree service left behind when it cleared trees away from power lines. Anthony spoke clearly, and kindly all while answering my questions promptly, and made it quite easy to resolve my issues. My sister n law offered to do a statement saying her and my brother was living in the home they would not take that. "Freezing rain events cause just massive tree falls, and then the ice on the line weights the lines," Rood said. **THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT** Everywhere else was back online within a day but we have yet to even see any trucks or utility vehicles out in curran Michigan. Consumers Energy ripping off its customers by over charging, bad customer service, and transferring over due accounts. Our house is also only 10 years old. - Destruction of personal property 4133 highcrest dr brighton mi 48116. I received my current bill today for the service dates of 10/19/2022-11/18/2022 in the amount of $ 119.78. Give that man a raise! I complained about my router, fridge, and air conditioner being fried and their engineer said, "Spend more money on your surge protectors.". They refused to come again until the next morning. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. In 2023, right-of-way tree pruning will take place throughout the months of February and March in Cycle 1, or Monday's yard waste-compost route and Cycle 2, or Tuesday's yard waste-compost route (see program progress map below). I never had a bill at that address. I cannot continue to maintain both houses so now while it is just energy service to you without my son moving over there and starting to pay the mortgage I am now going to be in jeopardy of losing the family home when you try and speak to a supervisor you get no where I have had 2 conversations with Ms. Cotton and nothing else now today they are saying it is another supervisor who as o f yet has not called me back. Trimming trees is not a "do-it-yourself" job, especially when it's around or near a power line. Address. 1 talking about this. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Nov. 4, 2021. That's why we're stepping up efforts to trim overgrown trees to keep you safe, and the energy grid reliable. Leaving these caterpillars in place will help ensure the disease spreads to other caterpillars. Mature height: 70 90 feet. my past addresses are 15715 Ego eastpointe mi 48021 and we had servide at the Harbours in clintont township I cannot think of lthe address now but it can be located and then we moved into our home in macomb 47370 Prescot dr macomb MI 48044 but because the accounts are in my husbands name again they wont listen. Laura Neibarger trees in poor health, conifers), contact a local arborist (http://www.isa-arbor.com) for treatment options. Whoever decided that this was the proper way to handle callers and whoever kept failing to notice the problem and deal with it accordingly, they all need to be fired and sent to starve in the streets. I do not wish to contact a lawyer, but I will if necessary. I was out there yesterday, April 24th, 2022, and it looks as though a large service truck recently drove over the edge of my mobile home pad and cracked a large section off. In many cases, spongy moth populations naturally decline in 1-3 years of an infestations peak due to disease naturally present in the ecosystem. Outage rebate policy change. For more information on spongy moth and control options, clickhere. This tape limits a caterpillars ability to crawl up the tree. When I call any company of any kind, the problem isn't when I'm stuck with a robot that just sits there and overexplains what buttons I should push, depending on what I called for; the problem is when the first list of options DOESN'T INCLUDE GETTING CONNECTED TO AN AGENT!!! Below you will find links to a map of the effected area, a letter that was sent out to residents within that area, and further information by MSU-Extension and other governmental agencies related to Spongy Moth. Fast growing. endobj Thank You for your attention. System Improvements Tree Trimming A contractor has not been assigned at this time. Canadian National ( CN ) Railway Companyis planning to repair a broken rail near the Green Road crossing in the northeast corner of Meridian Township . My complaint is what a big difference in the amount in one month's time and the weather has not been very cold yet. Mature height 15 30 feet. Projects across the state focus on where the most good can be done, based on which of the energy provider's 2,000 electric circuits are most affected by tree-related outages. We value your privacy. Zip Code. The same is true for Urban and Suburban environments. I have to quickly run and throw my main breaker to prevent more devices from frying when they restore power. I think CE has an obligation to warn its customers that hooking up with an alternative natural gas supplier like Eligo is extremely risky. xksfCvLF3-;N*t~DHbC4 :>$vooZ7Up||tZU}1~=*:z\GwU^-G?gog4|9ZFZdA" 8+$Lt0iYC~Wm6+Oag+x#\^=*HeN On July 5, 2022 at about 1-1:30am, the electrical transmitter box behind my home at 61 Elmview Ct. caught fire. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). . Want the damage repaired. Have the Statw relief to pay for it until inflation and pandemic is not a threat in our life anymore. I evacuated the property until Consumers came out the next day. Otherwise, residents are encouraged to work with their arborist to evaluate treatment options for individual trees or groups of trees that may better control spongy moth on private properties. Consumers Energy seems to believe it can do as it wishes, contract whatever tree service to do the work, with no care at all of homeowner property values or their love of their landscape. Next spring, you can apply a sticky tape specifically designed for moth control to the base of trees to help control the movement of caterpillars. Call your power company and let them look at it and trim it so it is safe to take down. I have, or rather, had, two fully grown Blue Spruce pine trees which beautifully framed my front yard, and which to me were a valuable part of my landscape. <> There were days where the meter did not read and so they were not added to the bill estimator. Manistee, MI 49660 Unacceptable! You can also read the documentation to learn about Wordfence's blocking tools, or visit wordfence.com to learn more about Wordfence. Whenever practical during this timeframe, oak trees in developed landscape areas may be trimmed or cut down. Fast growing, somewhat wide spreading. The transmitter box caught fire and fried several appliances. What was done to my tree was plain wrong and in no way justifiable. Detroit-based DTE Energy said the March storm caused the most customer outages in the company's 150-year history, knocking out power to an estimated 800,000 homes, business and other electric. Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. Tulip Tree: Leaves are 3-6" long with distinctive lobes, flat base and two ear-like tips turning vibrant yellow in the fall. I wanted to give proper praise to a customer service representative, and I can't find a number or place to submit a compliment so I'll try here, and hopefully it'll get to the right people :). Keep in mind other electrical equipment that may be on your property too. Calling all volunteers! We called in with multiple waits times and calls totaling over an 1 hour and 15 minutes. Bids are taken by the city in September of each year, while planting takes place generally during the months ofOctober and December. No note, text, email or call. This is 8 days after my original call. With gas being 5.49$ here where we are I am unable to keep a generator running for this amount of time. About a month and a half to two months ago someone came by to talk to us about cutting a couple branches off our tree for the line going through our yard. "Consumers Energy is ready and committed to our customers, even as Mother Nature has delivered a one-two punch of severe storms over the last week," said Jeff Shingler,one of Consumers Energy's officers in charge for the event. These are not hardwood trees nor big branches and both swayed in the wind. No note, text, email or call. My last month bill was $57.60. It's a busy world full of busy people like me. Payment is due by Friday of the first full week in October. These cream-colored splotches may show up in wood piles, on houses or the underside of tree branches. Trees allow consumers to save energy, further helping to redu. The message said I must call them back right away - that's not happening. By the end of June, the caterpillars are almost done feeding, so limited options are available. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Now we are behind the 8 ball getting this taking care before the end of November! At one point they even did and application to start the service change and it did not go through they also did an application to have a 3rd party pay the bill this was all told to me by a consumers energy agent so again they can see the information that raised enough doubt that yes someone else was living there. How do I fight this? Unsubscribe at any time. Attractive shape and interesting reddish bark with white markings provide year round interest. 4 0 obj I was homeless then in a rehabilitation residential unit. Mature height 30 -50 feet. The Citys forestry expert periodically inspects moth/caterpillar feeding trends and conducts egg mass surveys in the winter, as necessary, to determine likely population outbreaks. Bandit's most popular whole tree chipper is the Model 2590. 2023 Tree Maintenance Program-Pruning Cycle Progress Map. After flowers fade, the tree produces seed capsules that attract songbirds. If they were cutting that much off they shouldve just told us they were going to cut the whole tree down! How are they allowed to do this without a lease? He also asked if I didnt see the blue paint marking? After our call, I went out and had to really look to find the approximately 2-inch mark of blue paint on a Blue Spruce. Unsubscribe easily. One would think common sense would dictate maybe a red or yellow ribbon on such trees or even yellow paint. Consumers Energy supplies electricity to 1.8 million homes and businesses, largely outside of metropolitan Detroit. Details on how trees on your property will be trimmed will be provided in the door hanger left at your home. The forestry department always tries to promote future growth away from lines, Hall said. On Tuesday 9/13/22 our HVAC system received its annual inspection by Moore Mechanical and all was well. Similar to the sidewalk replacement program, target areas within the City are designated for an in depth assessment and subsequent appropriate treatments. Use Our Contractor Database. All the customer service reps were nice enough, but management refused to do anything. Pruning is a specialized service aimed at helping to improve the overall health of the trees. We are committed to communicating with you each step of the way through the tree trimming process. In this instance, our planners will make every effort to contact you to discuss the removal. Oblong green leaves turn to yellow in fall, but can be a bronzy red in dry weather. I tried to explain to Ms. Cotton several several times while I understand state law there are always extenuating circumstances. If a tree has fallen onto power lines or branches are touching power lines please call 911 first then immediately call Consumers Energy at 800-477-5050. The property owner usually is compensated for this easement, and it runs with the property. I will hire her to run my business. Consumers Energy is carrying out a five-year, $5.4 billion plan to build a stronger, smarter . If you listen to all the transcripts from many many phone calls my story has never changed no one will even do their due diligence to investigate anything I am saying. I do not recall reading anything from Consumers Energy that said I could get a call from my privately listed number from someone other than Consumers Energy. Hospitals, fire stations, nursing homes and other critical services receive high priority in restorations, said Ryan Stowe, a DTE Energy vice president. I would like restitution for my trees. The tree company manager told me he had a meeting with Consumers and gave him permission to cut both trees down (marked to be trimmed). Then later on we called Moore Mechanical and had them come back. Who is responsible for trees located between the sidewalk and the street (public right of way)? <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Why am I being inconvenienced as a paying customer? Gingko:Distinct, beautiful tree. If you can go to DTE or Great Lakes. In the end she asked us "well what do you want, a credit? Leaves are 3-6" long with distinctive lobes, flat base and two ear-like tips turning vibrant yellow in the fall. Pleasant city commission hosted a presentation by the Consumers Energy Forestry Department to address citywide concerns of how trees are cut down around power lines. I check my Electric usage every day on their Electric forecast and my bill is always quite a bit higher than what it shows on my account usage. Thanks for your time, sorry to file this here and worry anyone. The Spring Recycling Day will run from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and will be held at Chippewa Middle School ( 4000 Okemos Road , Okemos ) . If Consumers Energy has trimmed or removed trees in a private utility easement or in the public right-of-way adjacent to your home, please place it out in accordance with the city yard waste composting service and the Department of Public Works will pick it up on your service day. I do not have a working vehicle either. to 15-25 kWh per day. I also apparently was supposed to have received a door tag stating my tree would be cut which I did not receive. This morning I called in again and was told the original call was marked as completed. (800) 477-4747 Natural gas emergency, leak or smell. This happens 6 times a year or more. I have the consumer protection plan and they fixed my central air and furnace under that plan. I have the right to Gas when president said and is a BETTER BILL ACT and there is the State relief that can be used to pay for it until we all the people come out of all this pandemic inflation and can have normal life again. To whom it might concern; as of July 2nd, 2022 I am writing this email as a complaint for harassment , threats I have on my voicemail for non payment and I have contact consumers many times over 2020, 2021 , and now 2022 for the State relief program and because for hardship President / Governor have passed the order that no company should be harrassing or threading customers when they going thru hardship for non payment neither shutting service off and as well as helping them to resolve the problem and enroll then into the State relief that was passed .. now I have had a called from a lady from consumers energy harrassing me and trying to force a recording when I never allowed it and I said that I do not want anyone cutting my consumers gas in my property located in 1510 Leon rd walled Lake Michigan 48390 and nor I give any consent to take anything unless a court order says to pay when there is the State relief that should be for all the people.. Now the lady that had contact me have hanged up and said things never said and she said that she will record my conversation when I never allowed it .. Media Contact: Matt Helms 517-284-8300 Customer Assistance: 800-292-9555 Michigan.gov/MPSC Twitter. Consumers Energy will trim or remove trees interfering with electric restoration activities. To avoid impacts to non-target insects and allow natural disease pressure to build up within the spongy moth population, the city is applying treatment only when spongy moth outbreaks are expected to significantly impact tree health. Tree Trimming Tree Maintenance Fallen trees are responsible for nearly 70 percent of the time our customers spend without power. Pruning oaks or harvesting trees from woodlands and forests can similarly cause oak wilt outbreaks for lumbering or line clearing operations if such practices are conducted during periods conducive to OW transmission. A Tampa Bay Times review of state filings shows that the company cut its tree-trimming budget in the area by more than $2 million last year, from $9.9 million to $7.4 million. September 17, 2022 I have a bill for a utility company but it does not belong to me. By the end of June, caterpillars are almost done feeding so there are limited effective controls. Shortly after, planners will assess your neighborhood and create a trimming plan. Project Number: 19437. At 12:15 he called. Desired outcome: We called to have service restored and they said they would come between 9am-12pm and someone needed to be home. The quality of work she represents is 2nd to none. Consumers Energy delivers electricity to 1.8 million homes of Michigan's Lower Peninsula with more than 60,000 miles of lines. Vigorous grower with a straight trunk and graceful ascending branches. We usually do a much better job and we fell on our face here, he said. For suggestions to find the best web browser for you The Arbor Day site states they mature at 50 feet to 75 feet. Hall said Consumers communicates directly with affected property owners through postcards and letters, and makes personal contact and leaves door cards before field work is completed. Oblong green leaves turn to yellow in fall, but can be a bronzy red in dry weather. Fan-shaped bright green leaves that turn a stunning yellow in the fall. Pleasant commissioner urges community to support tiny home project, Gratiot to interview 3 for administrator post, Charges upped for murder suspect; could face death penalty, 2023 Boys Basketball District Draws and Schedule, Shepherd clinches JPC title outright, readies for districts, CMU program teaches TV news production and reporting, WCMU switches to mostly-news radio format, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. There is currently no mobile home on the property, but we are in the process of finding and placing one there. Customers should call the tree trimming service or the electric utility prior to the trimming to get information about the work to be done and express their concerns. They will not remove trees only trim. Consumers Energy will trim or remove trees interfering with electric restoration activities. The city has been monitoring the existence of Spongy Moth within the southwest part of the city throughout 2022 and its contractor has recommended against aerial spraying. Keepingproper distancearound this equipment ensures safety and can prevent a prolonged power outage for you and your neighbors. Request Tree Trimming - Duke Energy Skip to Content Tree Trimming Request Select your location Our site is customized by location. Thornless Cockspur Hawthorn: Clusters of white flowers in the spring, followed by dark red berries; rounded glossy green leaves which turn bright yellow to orange in the fall. By entering your email, you agree to sign up for consumer news, tips and giveaways from ConsumerAffairs. Well start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. I can give you $25 on your next bill." He cut down the river birch marked to be trimmed and just trimmed the other tree (elm tree) thats still standing after 4.5 years. My son and his family moved out of their apartment moved in with me on Prescot and began working on Stair Dri so that they could move over there and take some of this burden off of me. Township Board Resolution Supporting Women ' s History Month:The Township Boardwill discuss a resolution to support Women ' s History Month at their March 7 , 2023 regular meeting . She disagreed. In 2016 the City of East Grand Rapids completed a tree inventory and risk assessment of approximately all 7,200 trees in the public right-of-way and developed a targeted preventative maintenance approach to managing the public right-of-way tree canopy. Fast growing. Mature height 15 30 feet. She needs to be in business on her own that she will be a millionaire. I have a pregnant wife at 30 weeks and only enough food to keep her healthy and due to not having power for three days I'm going to have to throw most of it out. City. Because some of it goes beyond trimming.. Once safe to do so, clean-up of debris from tree trimming or removal during a storm emergency.
Kevyn Wynn Wiki, Aleksandar Mimic Super Ego, Eugene Parker Obituary, Articles C