Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, I applied in-person. In the past 3 weeks I have found friends in the fellow vacation placement students and Pinsent Masons employees, as well as an experience beyond what I could have expected. It is likely that an interviewer will question your point of view as documented and to succeed, your answers should be honest, supported with evidence, well thought through but succinct. Was all completed remotely. I had the experience of contributing to work for a FTSE 100 Company for a trainee in the Energy team. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Presentation: 18.67%. 1. Interview. The process took 4 weeks. In the first round they asked general questions. See our Cookie Policy for more information. It took very long to get an outcome (over 5 weeks) and getting feedback took even longer. To reject all optional cookies or choose which optional cookies to allow, click Cookie settings. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Jan 2023. How does your background bring you to being here? Interview: Very rigid interviewer read questions off a sheet, in a specific order, and didnt deviate. 2 stage with tech questions in each. Partner was really nice, Pleasant interview but no feedback as to why I wasn't considered for the next stage after initially getting strong feedback from HR, I was subsequently told my application would not be progressed, I applied online. \n Thank you for your patience. Part 2, in-tray exercise. Interview was 1-1 with lawyer, interview lasted approx 45 minutes, a number of questions were posed, was an opportunity at end of interview for me to ask questions and network with current trainee and ask them questions. Also asked which other firms I had applied to. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. The process took 4 weeks. The hiring process at Pinsent Masons takes an average of 3 days when considering 6 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Lots of different steps before a face to face interview. This was a great way to meet our peers (and potential future colleagues!) Background Check: 5.33%. Be the first to find this interview helpful. There will be over 100 questions. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. Be the first to find this interview helpful. Comp and culture? The application form Candidates interviewing for Vacation Scheme and Trainee Solicitor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Vacation Scheme and Paralegal roles were rated as the easiest. It was requested which scope of Experience I have. See our Cookie Policy for more information. Anyone here in-house with Disney or know anything about the company? Change language and content customisation. 2. 60 minutes. Personality Test: 4.00%. Free interview details posted anonymously by Pinsent Masons interview candidates. Questions were competency based and focused on the firm. Questions were competency based and focused on the firm. Prompted to justify your answers and approach to the exercise. Anyone here in-house with Disney or know anything about the company? This lasts around 45 minutes to an hour. The interview was very nice and the team members obviously work on a very high level. then after 2 week vacation scheme complete an assessment centre, I applied online. The process took 2 months. Candidates interviewing for Legal Intern and Litigation Paralegal rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Professional Support Lawyer and Vacation Scheme roles were rated as the easiest. Was informal chat and made to feel very comfortable just asking about yourself and why you would want that role. How confident do you feel about the next 2 years? Youll become an integrated member of the Pinsent Masons team and get the chance to learn and develop. All online, can apply if you are not located in Belfast at the time. Personality Test: 4.00%. Other: 2.67%. Any thoughts on working at Twitter as counsel? Youll experience what its like to be part of the Pinsent Masons team and get great legal experience and personal development. I found it useful to keep a notebook to document articles and points of interest that I wished to explore further and had a trail of research that I could revert back to if asked. Any thoughts on working at Twitter as counsel? Common stages of the interview process at Pinsent Masons according to 60 Glassdoor interviews include: The spark is the inspiration that compels us to re-imagine business, the unique insights that come from our diverse experiences, the.css-epvm6{white-space:nowrap;} More. How confident do you feel about the next 2 years? I had a 45 minute phone interview (due to being abroad at the time of the interview) and was asking numerous questions about myself. Two partner interview. Free interview details posted anonymously by Pinsent Masons interview candidates. Psychometric Test and Interview with a fee earner. There was 2 assessed elements to the process: A partner interview and a SWOT presentation. Was informal chat and made to feel very comfortable just asking about yourself and why you would want that role. The placement offers legal work experience and an introduction to Pinsent Masons. Group Panel Interview: 14.67%. WebHow to apply We accept applications for internships from 30 January until 17 February 2023. The process took 2 weeks. Questions were competency based and focused on the firm. The partner interview involved set questions, everyone is asked the same. Commercial awareness This is an aspect of corporate law that is likely to be explored at some point in the assessment process. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2019. Anyone here in-house with Disney or know anything about the company? In the second round more specific questions were asked and further team members attended to the interview. It was requested which scope of Experience I have. It took very long to get an outcome (over 5 weeks) and getting feedback took even longer. Anyone here in-house with Disney or know anything about the company? I interviewed at Pinsent Masons. There is also a one-on-one competency interview with the interviewer just reading questions from a list and making notes. The spark is the inspiration that compels us to re-imagine business, the unique insights that come from our diverse experiences, the.css-epvm6{white-space:nowrap;} More. The tasks sounded interesting. I applied online. - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -. Its ok to pause before answering Pausing is not synonymous with uncertainty or not knowing. The interview went rather well, and the interviewers were kind, but I did not receive an answer despite following up on multiple occasions. Lots of different steps before a face to face interview. Opens the Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2014. In the second round more specific questions were asked and further team members attended to the interview. There was 2 assessed elements to the process: A partner interview and a SWOT presentation. Some of the cookies that we use are provided by third parties. WebWhen I was offered a vacation scheme with Pinsent Masons, I did not know what to expect from them, nor how much would be expected from me. Here are a few pointers to help you get started: To accept all cookies click 'Accept all'. The interview process consists of formal online application, and then onto the second stage which is a psychometric test and then of you pass these tou get invited to an Assessment Day, good and varied mix of tasks. The interview was very nice and the team members obviously work on a very high level. Could you give examples of day-to-day tasks in your previous role that would align with what we are looking for? The process took 1 day. All in all, very formulaic. Some of the cookies that we use are provided by third parties. Was all completed remotely. 14 Apr 2022. Phone Interview: 9.33%. WebGoing into the Pinsent Masons vacation scheme, I was understandably apprehensive about the upcoming 3 weeks. WebThe perfect introduction to Pinsent Masons We design, structure and develop the summer internship programme to give you an experience which is practical and enjoyable whilst authentically reflecting the Trainee Solicitor experience. There was 2 assessed elements to the process: A partner interview and a SWOT presentation. All online, can apply if you are not located in Belfast at the time. Was all completed remotely. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Partner was really nice, E-tray exercise followed by Associate and Partner Interview. With this in mind, I have pulled together some top tips for each of the core stages of the process, which I hope might help even a little bit with your Vacation Scheme or Training Contract applications. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Pinsent Masons employees and get real answers from people on the inside. 14 Apr 2022. They heavily focused on you snd your competencies so make sure you have that locked down. Biggest achievement? Why law? I applied online. Interviews at Pinsent Masons Experience Positive 78% Neutral 22% Getting an Interview Applied online 80% In Person 20% Difficulty 3.1 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinsent Masons Vacation Scheme (9) Trainee Solicitor (6) Summer Vacation Scheme (6) Paralegal (5) See more interviews for top jobs May 18, 2022 Later the same day, I was involved in a completion with the Banking team. Other: 2.67%. My top tip for developing your commercial awareness is to read the news, and follow business trends and current affairs that not only interest you, but are relevant to the sectors of the firm(s) you are applying to. An error occurred. An error occurred. They heavily focused on you snd your competencies so make sure you have that locked down. 2023 The Corporate Law Academy. Justification You must be able to substantiate and explain in detail every answer you write down. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Jan 2023. Has anyone here used upwork or other similar sites to initially get work to start your own firm? My review of Pinsent Masons Virtual Vacation Placement, An insight into Pinsent Masons purpose. We use cookies that are essential for our site to work. 60 minutes. How could Pinsent Masons improve itself as a business? The interview is mostly competency-based. Why are you friends with your friends? I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2019, Online application Whichever test the firm requires you to complete, be it the Watson Glaser or non-verbal reasoning, you must take the time to familiarise yourself with the wording of the questions, the required approach and the challenge of completing it under time constrains. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons in Feb 2019. WebAn exciting opportunity to find out more about life at Pinsent Masons We design, structure and develop the placement programme to give you an experience which is practical and authentically reflects the Trainee Solicitor experience. Was asked relatively detailed questions on my experience and interests. Organised people who put me at ease and knew what they wanted to get from it. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. This could be due to inactivity on the page - please try again. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (London, England) in Feb 2019. Common stages of the interview process at Pinsent Masons according to 50 Glassdoor interviews include: One-on-One Interview: 33.33%. Common stages of the interview process at Pinsent Masons according to 50 Glassdoor interviews include: One-on-One Interview: 33.33%. 60 minutes. No trick questions If you are asked to describe your other interests, dont feel compelled to cite a highly technical Financial Times article that led you to research, for example, OPECs production cuts and its implications. If this is what really interests you, thats great! Interview. WebWhen I was offered a vacation scheme with Pinsent Masons, I did not know what to expect from them, nor how much would be expected from me. I applied online. In order to get marks on the block, youll need to get all five questions right. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Pinsent Masons employees and get real answers from people on the inside. It was a fairly quick process, consisting of online application, online skills test and then an interview with one of the partners . Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. The tasks sounded interesting. Practice Theres only one tip I would give for this part. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. There were 2 rounds. 2 stage with tech questions in each. WebThe perfect introduction to Pinsent Masons We design, structure and develop the summer internship programme to give you an experience which is practical and enjoyable whilst authentically reflecting the Trainee Solicitor experience. Questions were competency based and focused on the firm. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. What advice would you give to future applicants for the Pinsent Masons interview? Interview. Why do you want to work in the Belfast office? Please visit our Cookie Policy for more information. Interview Questions. To improve our website, we would like to use additional cookies to help us understand how visitors use the site, measure traffic to our site from social media platforms and to personalise your experience. The assessment centre included a pyschometric test and an interview with a partner. Interview atmosphere was relatively relaxed. Web11 Pinsent Masons Trainee Solicitor interview questions and 5 interview reviews. The process took 2 weeks. Organised people who put me at ease and knew what they wanted to get from it. Thoughts on Wilson Elser? Drugs Test: 8.00%. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove interviews. Interview was 1-1 with lawyer, interview lasted approx 45 minutes, a number of questions were posed, was an opportunity at end of interview for me to ask questions and network with current trainee and ask them questions. Any insight would be appreciated! It was a fairly quick process, consisting of online application, online skills test and then an interview with one of the partners . My dad remans their engines nd gearboxes nd has to come up with a plan as to how to replicate reman capabilities in china. Partner was really nice, E-tray exercise followed by Associate and Partner Interview. How do you manage your time? Interview Questions. WebPinsent Masons uses Graduate Managerial Assessment Abstract test there arent any free tests which exactly replicate the assessment, however you could practice similar non-verbal reasoning tests to get used to the format and sitting it under pressure. Felt like I got myself and abilities across. Purpose-led We make business work better for people Multinational We have over 25 offices across 4 continents WebHow to apply We accept applications for internships from 30 January until 17 February 2023. The process took 4 weeks. Why do you want to work in the Belfast office? This question is prompting you to share interests that highlight your personality and emphasise your fit with the firms values and purpose. This was a great way to meet our peers (and potential future colleagues!) Paralegal Interview. In a small room with low coffee table and relaxing chairs. I had a 45 minute phone interview (due to being abroad at the time of the interview) and was asking numerous questions about myself. I applied online. Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinsent Masons. Any thoughts on working at Twitter as counsel? I interviewed at Pinsent Masons. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. How would your friends describe you? Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. As I said before, these tips are based primarily on my experience of the Pinsent Masons recruitment process. Online application Aptitude test Phone call interview All online, can apply if you are not located in Belfast at the time. I first applied online and was asked to assessment centre. Presentation: 18.67%. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove interviews. WebPinsent Masons interview details: 72 interview questions and 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pinsent Masons interview candidates. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. The interview went rather well, and the interviewers were kind, but I did not receive an answer despite following up on multiple occasions. The interview process consists of formal online application, and then onto the second stage which is a psychometric test and then of you pass these tou get invited to an Assessment Day, good and varied mix of tasks. How does your background bring you to being here? I interviewed at Pinsent Masons. Lots of different steps before a face to face interview. Psychometric testing. \n Thank you for your patience. This was a great way to meet our peers (and potential future colleagues!) Vodafone supposedly seeking to compete with bt by buying fixed line companies across europe. In the weeks leading up to the placement, I made sure I was fully prepared. The process took 4 weeks. Available in Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester, our programmes offer the opportunity to work on live client projects, enjoy work-based learning, skills training and personal development. How do you manage your time? This tool uses a cookie to remember your choices. WebThe perfect introduction to Pinsent Masons, our programme gives you an authentic taste of life as a Trainee Solicitor whilst introducing you to the Firm's culture and values. WebPinsent Masons uses Graduate Managerial Assessment Abstract test there arent any free tests which exactly replicate the assessment, however you could practice similar non-verbal reasoning tests to get used to the format and sitting it under pressure. Drugs Test: 8.00%. See our Cookie Policy for more information. was quite a long interview, asking about literally every aspect of my life, including for example, why I chose the subjects I took during secondary school. The assessment centre Interviews at Pinsent Masons Experience Positive 78% Neutral 22% Getting an Interview Applied online 80% In Person 20% Difficulty 3.1 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinsent Masons Vacation Scheme (9) Trainee Solicitor (6) Summer Vacation Scheme (6) Paralegal (5) See more interviews for top jobs May 18, 2022 I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (London, England) in Feb 2019. How could Pinsent Masons improve itself as a business? Jag land rover expected to announce record profits due to growth in china. Get started with your Free Employer Profile, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. I interviewed at Pinsent Masons (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2014. Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinsent Masons. Two-part interview each with a different partners or associates from the firm. Name something from the law that interests you? Be the first to find this interview helpful. Once you get an interview it is a mix of competency based questions as well as questions in relation to commercial awareness and previous experience. Group Panel Interview: 14.67%. How does your background bring you to being here? why Pinsent Masons? Be the first to find this interview helpful. WebGoing into the Pinsent Masons vacation scheme, I was understandably apprehensive about the upcoming 3 weeks. Background Check: 5.33%. Why do you want to pursue commercial law? Any insight would be appreciated! Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. They heavily focused on you snd your competencies so make sure you have that locked down. Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, I applied in-person.
Nicole Gertner Eli Bronfman Wedding, 51551 Filter Cross Reference, Articles P