Site content 2006-2019 Maciej Ceglowski As we lounged around the pool the staff person, Deedee ( if I recall correctly) very pleasant! Thank you for your feedback. The indoor water park at Split Rock opened in 2008. for honeymooners. Nothing special even took place on the 4th of July like a mini firework show would have been nice! In the years after the Civil War, people would travel by train from Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C. and New York to experience the rugged wilderness in Pennsylvania. Pastel wallpaper and stained carpets are the norm, with varying palates and furnishings to match -- but all interiors are dated. Theres also a mini-golf course, volleyball, a basketball court, and tennis courts. Hit the nightclub for a few drinks, with heavy handed bartender (would have loved them in college) Fast forward, next day we take in what the property has to offer from a small game room to small pond to a couples message. The Buck Hill Inn demolition in 2017 brought an end to this once-great community. Pocono Palace Resort Reviews, Deals & Photos 2023 - Expedia Hit the nightclub for a few drinks, with heavy handed bartender (would have loved them in college) Fast forward, next day we take in what the property has to offer from a small game room to small pond to a couples message. The property still exists and Unity House is one of the many abandoned resorts in the region. The rest of the room seemed all right, minus the cigarette ashes in the pool area (asked for non-smoking.) Rental costs. It was a good escape and we enjoyed our time there. This is what we love to hear! Exuding the relaxed atmosphere of a private club, Pocono Palace Resort is a romantic retreat on private Echo Lake in the heart of the Pocono Mountains - only an hour drive from the George Washington Bridge. To edit a review youve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team. The resort's nightclub hosts nightly live entertainment, a mix of local cover bands, DJs, magicians, and comedians, including the occasional national act. Negatives: food was delivered as described but it lacked flavor. My parents honeymooned there in the early 1940s. Single and double snowmobiles are available to rent. Be warned that they have a bed bug problem are rude and dont care about a long time customer. Take, for example, the mid-range sister properties of Pocono Palace Resort, Cove Haven Resort, and Paradise Stream Resort. It feels like its all slipping away., Address: Analomink Road, Rtes. I quick Google what a bed bug looks like and find out what no travel ever wants to face, Bed Bugs. We left the property and had to find a laundromat. Thank you for the review. The Eerie Abandoned Resorts of the Poconos Mountains Newer resorts were built in the region and in neighboring states. Now you get cheese cubes, crackers, and veggies with ranch dip.Overall I'm really upset this is no longer going to be our "go to place" for vacation. "Other than that, it was pretty much the same as last time.Now, if you've read my other reviews of Cove Haven properties (and you really should), you know that I love these places, and I'm willing to overlook a lot because when you get right down to it, what you're here for are the activities that you and your partner are going to get up to in the suite. Compare prices and find the best deal for the Pocono Palace Resort in East Stroudsburg (Pennsylvania) on KAYAK. Legal disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for informational and historical purposes only. Fantasy Apple suites also impress with their spacious tri-level layouts that come with sky-lit living areas, circular indoor heated pools, saunas, heart-shaped hot tubs, and wide balconies with private lake and nature views. That said, its the cheesy romance factor thats all part of the draw. In some instances the owners were filled with hubris and didnt think things could change. Home North America USA The Eerie Abandoned Resorts of the Poconos Mountains, Posted on Last updated: September 30, 2022. Many of these abandoned resorts were once accessible via public roadways, so you can see part of them from public property. Popular attractions Pocono Bazaar MarketPlace and Pocono Indian Museum are located nearby. We are very sorry to hear this and that this was your experience, rdsd221. I see where the lack of customer service comes from. staff very friendly but it was a little dry, never again. But then I'm still mad at Cove Haven for not cutting us some slack at checkout time when there'd been a blizzard the night before, and I was injured, so that may be a factor in my opinion.At the end of the day, we had a great trip. I spent over $1000 for 3 nights and will never go to one of these resorts again. It was a good escape and we enjoyed our time there.Negatives: food was delivered as described but it lacked flavor. The room was clean, although some of the furnishings were a bit old and outdated. Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. The lobby and Lakeview Dining Room restaurant feature rustic stone walls, a big stone fireplace hearth, and soaring vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, for a grand, yet cozy feel that fits the woodsy surrounds. Pocono Palace Resort is located in Pennsylvania and has long been a destination for vacationers looking to unwind. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. After four months of staring at the walls of our house and getting way too excited about how much our tomatoes are growing, we decided we needed to get away, and when I looked at the Pocono Palace website and saw that it was open, the plan was set.This is my third visit to PP and my fourth to a Cove Haven property. A self-contained resort in the Marshalls Creek area of East Stroudsburg, theres nothing in walking distance from Pocono Palace, save the nature trails around Echo Lake on which the resort sits. Its a shame in the past at the other properties we had a great timeFirst the positives: I would to say at the hotel itself the front desk folks were very nice and they explained how everything would go. We're disappointed we could not make a valuable first impression with your visit to Pocono Palace. Not only that, they said their cleaning crew was running behind and we did not end even getting our room key until 4.15. The rest of the room seemed all right, minus the cigarette ashes in the pool area (asked for non-smoking.) This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Outdoor pool and whirlpool were open, looked like 6 feet apart which was good.The good: we enjoy the fantasy Apple. Europe Best Poconos hotels and all inclusive resorts for honeymoon and romantic getaways. Mount Pocono is a small town in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains, known for camping, hiking, and numerous ski resorts that attract vacationers year-round. There are two pools -- one is outdoor (open in the warmer months), and the other is an indoor heated pool with two big hot tubs that are open year round. The Outdoor Game Zone is scattered with an array of backyard-inspired games like horseshoes and corn hole. We strive to give every guest the best experience possible, whether it's your first time or your 50th time at the resort. The mandatory daily resort fee covers use of facilities, on-site parking, and Wi-Fi. Indoors, theres a year-round pool, gym, and full-service spa. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Discover genuine guest reviews for Pocono Palace Resort along with the latest prices and availability - book now. There are nature trails to explore year-round and the outdoor pool is open seasonally. We booked the champagne towers suite for two nights starting 9/24/2014. Also, there needs to be more trash cans. First the positives: I would to say at the hotel itself the front desk folks were very nice and they explained how everything would go. But there are also lessons about nostalgia and attachment to the past. It was the third fire at the abandoned resort in as many years. They reminisced about steak dinners, rounds of golf, lounging by the pool, and even recalled the name of their favorite staff member: Julie. Went about our first night having dinner in a windowless dining room, with inattentive sub-par wait staff, again its the Poconos, you don't go there for service, so still not a deal breaker for us. The hotel can advise on local car or limousine transfers. - See 2,973 traveler reviews, 2,236 candid photos, and great deals for Pocono Palace Resort at Tripadvisor. Thank you for the feedback. She then says she has several other bites down her arm and one on her face. On September 4, 2017, a fire raced through the main lodge building and it burnt to the group. I also called the hotel multiple times before I knew about the bed bugs to see if they had my expensive sunglasses. Pocono Palace Resort in PA - priceline.com There are also lessons about change sometimes you need extinction to evolve. It sounds like you not only enjoyed your suite, but the service of team members like Jonathan as well. Texas We walked back to our room and found another one running around my pillow that dropped to the floor. Real opinions. Spoke with a manager and after a minute on hold the room was miraculously ready. By 1910, a pool and a golf club had been added. White also built the trails for the nearby Big Boulder Ski Resort, the first ski resort in the Poconos Mountains. Having that option would have been great. While we're glad you were able to enjoy things like your Fantasy Apple suite, we're disappointed you felt other parts of your stay were lacking. Cove Pocono Resorts | Pocono Resorts Pennslyvania - Couples Retreat Poconos While other Pocono Mountain resorts continued to cater to the honeymoon and couples crowds, in its later years, Penn Hills Resort became frequent host to swinger parties and a location for alternative lifestyle encounters. Hit the nightclub for a few drinks, with heavy handed bartender (would have loved them in college) Fast forward, next day we take in what the property has to offer from a small game room to small pond to a couples message. Pocono Palace Resort is secluded in Pennsylvania's pine-fringed Pocono Mountains. My partner and I are going to have a good time together wherever we stay, but we love being in an environment that we can have fun with, and that's what you get at Cove Haven properties.How did they do with COVID protection? A few of these honeymoon resorts remain namely the three Cove Haven Entertainment Properties of Cove Haven Resort, Paradise Stream Resort, and the Pocono Palace Resort. It's otherwise similar in terms of the 144 love-nest-style Suites, designed to ignite passion with wood-burning fireplaces and iconic heart-shaped or Champagne tower whirlpool baths -- though aging decor and stained carpets may be a turnoff. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and an outdoor pool. Is Pocono Palace Resort a good place to retire? We also have routine pest and insect control visits so we can perform preventative maintenance to ensure things such as bed bugs are not a concern. Upon walking into the room, we noticed a funky musk smell from the bathroom (deemed it not worthy of calling about.) Hotel overview. Spooners also takes care of room service. About Travel Addicts With recent upgrades made around the property, including updates made to all 7 suite-types, guests are finding the Pocono Palace experience even more exciting than ever-before. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Theres a lavish spa destination that caters to the affluent as well as a number of indoor water park resorts geared to families. All rights reserved. STayed here 6/29/09-7/1/09 Room 330 The room was well kept and clean. Many have round beds with a copious number of mirrors, including on the ceilings. We do not encourage or condone illegal behavior. Update: After yet another fire, much of Penn Hills was demolished in the summer of 2021. We will definitely be back !, Enough of Bob calling get to the jokes, Had an amazing time very relax it was much needed, Personal or sensitive info (e.g. All-inclusive packages are on offer, though the fare at both Spooners Cafe and the Paradise Stream Restaurant wont impress foodies and there's a daily resort fee. Don't cheap out on stuff like this, guys. Theres a pretty strict restaurant dining window of 6pm to 8pm, and food reviews overall are very mixed. Its a shame in the past at the other properties we had a great time but as they say one bad apple spoils the whole lot. The resort is about a two-hour drive from New York City. Contact accommodation for availability. A lot can be made of these old abandoned Pocono resorts. A giant red love heart sign outside exclaims, "You Are Entering the Land of Love," but guests might notice that this place has been shown very little love. No potato or anything else. I got a tissue and caught it, and placed it into a water bottle. They could have been a little stricter about enforcing the mask rule in the dining room/registration areas. Stay at this 3.5-star beach resort in East Stroudsburg. Seasonal activities geared for couples-only enjoyment arent as abundant at Paradise Stream as at sister property, Cove Haven. Guests gather at the Indoor Activity Zone for basketball, mini golf, tennis, billiards and arcade games all during the day and enjoy live entertainment at night after a romantic date night dinner in the Lakeview Dining Room. I remember we ate prime rib every night for dinner. First the positives: I would to say at the hotel itself the front desk folks were very nice and they explained how everything would go. A loose doorknob on the commode (and the door wouldn't stay shut), etc., etc., etc. The word honeymoon conjures up images of a romantic getaway a deux, created for lovebirds who have just tied the knot and are ready to enjoy some time one-on-one. 206 Fantasy Rd East Stroudsburg, PA 18302. We stayed in room 305 and got bed bugs from this hotel. This is a very good thing, because water IS going to get on the floor in this place. POCONO PALACE RESORT - 729 Photos & 346 Reviews - Yelp (Discerning diners need not apply.) Address: Lenape Lane & 35 Falls Drive, Mountainhome, PA 18342. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Hard floors throughout except for the stairs. My girlfriend and I on a whim bought a LivingSocial deal for the Diana's Oasis for two nights. A favorite of couples and honeymooners, this four-season resort property features 188 suites, two restaurants, a bar and the Applause Nightclub. is a vast improvement over what was there before. It looks just like the pictures. Nearby highlights are few, but things to do include Shawnee Mountain Ski Area (10 minutes by car) and Bushkill Falls (11 minutes). This tiny piece of dry chicken served on tomato sauce and spinach leaves. Room Amenities refrigerators, coffeemakers, wireless Internet. Este complejo solo para adultos cuenta con restaurantes, tratamientos de spa y WiFi gratuita. Anyone know what happened to the Meadowside Hotel? Exuding the relaxed atmosphere of a private club, Pocono Palace Resort is a romantic retreat on private Echo Lake in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. But Paradise Stream is all about spending quality time together exploring nature trails, fishing on the lake, or tenderly sharing any of the seasonal activities on offer -- in between making the most of those retro-style love nests. Pocono Mountain Villas by Exploria Resorts, Adult couples-only resort designed for romantic one-on-one time, All-inclusive packages available, covering breakfast dinner, and non-alcoholic drinks, Peacefully located on a private lake with its own sandy beach and fire pits, Mix of playfully retro rooms and suites with romance-themed fantasy decor, or contemporary rooms, Choice of heart or giant Champagne glass whirlpools -- some rooms with plunge pools, Lakeview Restaurant serves all meals in a grand lodge-style setting with lake views, Spooners Grill offers lunch and dinner snacks, and basic room service, Huge nightclub with bar and live evening entertainment, Seasonal activities such as water skiing, pedal boating, ice skating, and snowmobiling, Simple spa with couples-friendly treatments, Fitness room, plus racquetball, tennis, and basketball courts, Free access to sister resort amenities (though theyre far away), Isolated location far from nearest town (pro for some). Second day, 830 am told front desk we did not need full service, just 4 towels, coffee packs and hand towel. Most of the rooms at Pocono Palace have wood-burning fireplaces and iconic heart-shaped whirlpool tubs, setting the stage for unbridled romantic encounters. PoconoRomance, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review. We brought drinks with us and sit on the porch.. no other room has a porch and we love this. In November 1999, the resort went into foreclosure. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Numerous state parks and other small lakes otherwise surround the Pocono Mountains area, known for its camping, hiking, and ski resorts. Licensed to park in the Land of Love, reads the car pass guests must display on their rear-view mirror. The MICHELIN inspectors' point of view, information on prices, types of cuisine and opening hours on the MICHELIN Guide's official website We turned in early, my girlfriend woke up about 4 am saying she had a bug bite, I said it must have been a mosquito at the pond earlier in the day, ten minutes later she jumps out of bed and says there's a bug on my pillow. Walking In the Footsteps of Martin Luther, Feeling the Magic on the Harry Potter Studio Tour. Located on 250 acres of prime land in the Pocono Mountains and on a private lake, the Brookdale Resort was one of several operated by Caesars Entertainment (at the time owned by Starwood). We'd like to talk to you about your stay and check out the Diana's Oasis suite you mentioned. Tennessee We were using the bags they brought us the towels in for trash bags. Here is an update on what happened to each of the Pocono resorts for couples. Even though the gift shop was huge some stuff was a little pricey but they did carry everything you need. We turned in early, my girlfriend woke up about 4 am saying she had a bug bite, I said it must have been a mosquito at the pond earlier in the day, ten minutes later she jumps out of bed and says there's a bug on my pillow. Watch Now! Its overall tired and dated look could really benefit from some updates. Poor Customer Service/Rude Manager/ BEWARE Bed Bugs - Review of Pocono 45 fotos ms. 191 and 447, Analomink, PA 18320. Breakfast options include a basic buffet, along with a la carte options, while specialty dinners feature themes such as the codfathers seafood buffet or rare catch steak night. pocono palace resort bed bugs - luxurycaronhire.com But it seems to me that they always do a good job cleaning and santizing the rooms, so I was pretty well at ease with the whole thing. Guess what happens they never call back. Winter offers snowshoeing and snow tubing, and the property also features serene nature trails to explore, year round. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Specialty dinners evolve nightly between themes such as Americana, International Night, and Rare Catch Steak & Lobster Night. Big Boulder ski resort opened in 1946. Theres the metaphor of how these crumbling resorts represent how the majority of marriages now end in divorce a visual representation of the human turmoil. She then says she has several other bites down her arm and one on her face. Some of the Penn Hills Resort buildings were demolished in 2017. Use to get poppers, egg rolls, little pizzas, chicken wings. Review of Pocono Palace Resort. Each time I was told someone will call you back. The bands and comedians were great. Contributions should be travel related. There are still many resorts in the Poconos that draw big crowds, but they are different now. Pocono Palace Resort 7.8/10 Good See all 1,034 reviews Popular amenities On private beach Pool Free WiFi Parking included Air conditioning Spa 206 Marquis Road, East Stroudsburg, PA, 18302 View in a map Explore the area Pocono Bazaar MarketPlace 3 min drive Pocono Indian Museum 3 min drive Great Bear Golf Club 4 min drive Room options In 2007, the buildings on Stricklands resort were demolished to make room for the new Mount Airy Casino Resort. I was actually very happy. Spruce up your grounds. For nearly two decades, the resorts nestled in the Poconos Mountains west of the Delaware River made this region the Honeymoon Capital of the World..
Walnut Slat Wall Panels, Lacrosse Tournaments 2022, Idaho Catalytic Converter Laws, Camila Coelho Weight Loss, Daniel Gunnarsson Singer, Articles P