Here's one for the Hammers' at large , now a days a lot of trucking companies will not allow there drivers using these types of radios let alone amplifiers , from what i understand is that , you can have one in your truck as long as you have a licence (Ham) in your pocket for it but it can still be risky for some , remember , if they are converted ,they could still get you in trouble )-: I've met a lot of truckers in my time (especially these time) that don't own there own rigs and work for companies , and I would have to say that 9 out of 10 of them only run tuned up cb radios , the ones that own there own rigs ,well that's usually a different story. i had decided that a maco 5/8 was gonna be my antena to order next month but now that jay is comming out with something in a not too dissimillar price range ill wait to see how that pans out . Go To the President / Uniden Grant XL Mods Page THANK-YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. (continuous scanning of 24.890 Mhz to 24.990 Mhz and of 28.000 Mhz to 29.700 Mhz) - Volume adjustment and ON/OFF. The meter indicates reception and emitted power levels. Im not trying to put people off ,just a realistic view to these new types of CB sets coming out and how easy you can screw them up,even engineers Ive seen make mistakes in these soft pot radios! As a result, we cannot show the price in catalog or on the product page. RICHARD The RICHARD is a dedicated 10 meter ham radio and the mid-range model. Go To the Ranger RCI 2950 / 2950 DX Mods Page Go To the Realistic TRC 485 Frequency Mods Page You are using an out of date browser. then turn to distorted trash within a week after someone would get in there with a screwdriver! A lot of Cobra 29's and 25's put your audio low in the mix, even with a power mic. Go To the Deerslayer 240 Mods Page Go To the Albrecht AE201S Mods Page CB radio magazine did a video on the McKinley and he does show 2 adjustments that can be made on these but for now I'm not touching it. I wish I still had it, but unfortunately the power transformer caught fire in it and the radio was a total loss. open the covers and on the panel on the backside of the read-out ther's a switch,flick it, or it might have a 10ohm res. Move jumper from 1/2 till 3/4 and re-solder . We pride ourselves on welcoming Radio Hobby enthusiasts of all types, while offering unbiased, informative, and friendly discussion among the members. Tube, solid state or hybrid? Albrecht AE-6290. Hmm ) Oh yeah , they also become very illegal on the 11 meter band. The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. by slamjam 28 Jul 2020, 08:39, Post LOL, I have the McKinley. Main rule for best antenna performance: "More the antenna is long, better are the performances." by 13EL121 28 Jul 2020, 19:56, Post For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. what are some good models of used ham radios that can be converted to 11 meters and work on AM as well as SSB ? #2. In Europe all shit flies and denials when these things are mentioned. - RF Power. by Tib2K 29 Jun 2017, 15:54. Overall I love the setup and have received a couple comments on how well it was sounding. I see that you live in Richmond VA, here is a link to the Richmond Amateur Radio Club, used=kenwood ts 50 ..no longer manufactured fair on am but not a screamer. Seek a expert or ask Service\Dealer dept first,your request and why,they may surprise you if you can talk directly to the Engineer,most are pretty switched on people in Industry,and often dont hear direct feedback on an issue either by email or phone,or even snail-mail,its no good moaning on chat forums either,speak directly to dealer of manufacture if radios has a new production issue or has a particular problem try to resolve issue there. As to the quality of signal aspect you pointed out, I think this may, in part, be due to the fact that the President radios seem to be much more "closed designed". Go To the Midland 75-830 Mods Page I'm enjoying my 10 meter transceiver. Go To the Cherokee AH 27 Handheld Mods Page Check out a Yaesu FT-757GX. Go To the President JFK Mods Page Stickshift. I accept no responsibility for what you do with this information, and it has a 2 pill board in it! Go To the Cobra 45 WX Mods Page thanks for the links to local info for me . Go To the PRO-500 D, PRO-510 XL, PRO-520 XL Mods Page Thats my 2 pence worth on this subject Simon,just be careful kids and use that grey matter! Just in case anyone has the pleasure of doing this mod . Use Coupon: REFUND23 for 15-30% off any order over $50, President Electronics Microphone Adapter 4-pin to 6-pin, Astatic D104M6B Power Microphone Wired 6-Pin President. Seen on the Facebook page of "Citizens Band Outlet" the above image reportedly shows the link on the board to modify the new President Richard to give wide band coverage. by 13EL121 28 Jul 2020, 19:48, Post Go To the President AR144 Mods Page Go To the Cobra UK25LTD ST Mods Page Go To the AR-3500 All you wanted to know Page You will have a killer talking radio with much better RX, adjacent channel rejection etc., than any Galaxy CB. Samlex SEC-1223 23 Amp Switching Power Supply, Samlex SEC-1223BBM 23 Amp Switching Power Supply with Battery Backup Circuit, Diamond Antenna HV7A Quad Band Mobile Antenna (10m/6m/2m/70cm), Samlex SEC-1235M 30 Amp Switching Power Supply, Diamond Antenna CR8900A Quad Band Antenna (10m/6m/2m/70cm), Public Address Capability (PA Capability), Ultra Light Electret Microphone With Support, Dimensions: 6.69 in. Most people don't think it's completely outrageous to spend something like $100 for a single band radio that'll do about 20 - 50 watts output. Or find a Radio engineer mentor. by golfjuliet01 22 Jul 2020, 13:49, Post Go To the Galaxy DX2527 Mods Page . Go To the President Harrison Mods Page Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio. If you get a chance contact the local Amature radio club and have them give you a demonstration. Wow! Go To the Magnum Omega Force Mods Page by andrew013 17 Mar 2018, 09:55, Post I had one that I borrowed for years from Jay_in_the_Mojave and it was great. by 14CS06 17 Feb 2015, 20:42. cb4ever104 wrote: Hi All . Go To the Galaxy DX 99V Mods Page Go To the Comanche Warrior Freq. Hands-on experience. Go To the Midland 77-285 Mods Page Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 3:05 pm: Unfortunately as they come from the factory no. Go To the PLL 02A Mods Page View a list of what is in the members area, Go To The ", yeap ,it's simply a easier way to get more power and a lot more channels concering cb , (You mean to tell me Hams really use those radios? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In America , and Canada, many retailers sell the Galaxy, Ranger, Connex, and President radios in their 10 meter configuration. as yall may have noticed i ask a ton or 2 of questions befor i buy stuff . You must log in or register to reply here. thank you. (D) x 2.05 in. Same guy sent it to quite a few people as I received from 6 people in a span of 12 hours a few weeks ago.. Sent from the engineers at President If the statement is true I think its not so smart. ** YAESU FT-757GXII HF TRANSCEIVER ** - eBay (item 230333065616 end time Mar-28-09 17:54:50 PDT), Ranger RCI-2950-70DX Amateur 10 & 12 Meter Mobile Radio from Ranger Communications, HamDepot - Virginia Ham Radio Clubs | Virginia Amateur Radio Clubs, Now in southern Oregon shooting skip back into so. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Frequency allowance: +/- 300 Hz: Carrier power: 13 W AM (~50 W PEP) / 40 W FM: Transmission interference: inferior to 4 nW (- 54 dBm) Audio response : 300 Hz to 3 KHz in AM/FM Go To the Kraco 2555 FM (PTBM058AOX) Mods page But in doing so the audio is going to be clean, not distorted from over doing it. Here's one on ebay that's a fair price: I own a FT-757GX, and it works quite well on all modes, including AM. Care to buy us a beer? - Rotary switch and Up/down channel selector. So def not for the hobbyist anymore,unless rules above apply or in the industry,by all means watch the vids posted up (even I find them handy to watch),take it in for curiosity factor But be very very very careful and do so at own risk if do not take the above common sense warnings ive just stated and end up a dead door wedge radio to your pile. Doing that will get you 10 more watts of peak power if your lucky. Hi . Old Astro Plane kicks up old radio room still intact and forms a new friendship, Randomly finding an old ham buddy on the CB. - Manual squelch and ASC. In other words, the work necessary to modify these radios may be too much for the effect that is gained. ), http://delboyonline.blogspot.co.uk/2017 t-mod.html. sure wish i had got that nomad tuned 2950 for a C note from 2020 when i got that 500v from him last year !! You see 11 meters or CB is a 'Type Accepted' rado where as a 10 meter radio is a Ham Radio. JavaScript is disabled. RICHARD - President 50 Watt PEP 10 Meter Radio $ 223.75 $ 199.00. CBR1100XX. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ). Go To the JC Penny (SM5104 PLL) Mods page The President's brand is synonymous with advanced technology, quality, and prestige. Go To the Uniden Pro 810E Mods Page Plus GDPR EU privacy issues as I was informed by the hosts of this site. Go To the Magnum 257 Mods Page Connecting a wire between holes works. I don't know about quite that much. "To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Go To the Blackhawk Mods Page I havent had time to search the net to date to find out more. Check out a Yaesu FT-757GX. It has features that I' still learning about. by Tib2K 25 Jun 2017, 20:41, Post I wonder how many own there own rigs compared to those that work for the companies within the USA ? Go To the Ranger RCI FC390 Frequency Counter Mods Page Go To the President / Uniden Grant (uPD858) Mods Page Go To the Uniden PC-122 Mods Page Discuss it here! Go To the Cobra 146 GTL Mods Page Go To the Danita 1608 Mods Page MAKE SURE you get the RIGHT ONE! - Frequencies display. The RICHARD Ham Radio includes microphone . Go To the Realistic TRC-490 (PC-385) Mods Page Go To the Cherokee CM-10 Mods Page VFO Mode (continuous scanning of 28.000 Mhz to 29.700 Mhz). Go To the Albrecht 485 Mods Page As such, Consumers who purchase a Presidnt Antenna together with a President radio, will get a full five-year warranty on the purchase of their new radio. (All else the same). (This link will open in another window) This is some handy software that I wrote to assist with modificationsby telling you what is possible and what frequencies will be generated for a given PLL type and radio chassis, it can also help teach people more about the theoretical operation of different CB types. President Richard Test Mode . Same-day shipping. Go To the HR 2510 / 2600/ Lincoln Mods And Improvements page Here's what I had to do . by cb4ever104 17 Feb 2015, 19:14, Post The RICHARD is a compact amateur radio with up to 40 watts of power, AM and FM modes, and a large, 7 color LCD display. There is no excuse for that. I wouldn't buy a Galaxy CB for nothing. Go To the Emperor TS 5010 Expansion Page The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. That would be a interesting question ? CB Radio - Ham Radio - LINCOLN II + - Rotary switch and Up/down channel selector - VFO Mode (continuous scanning of 24.890 Mhz to 24.990 Mhz and of 28.000 Mhz to 29.700 Mhz) Go To the President Harry Mods Page It features talkback, VOX, PA, AM/FM Mode switch and built-in ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter) filter. Go To the General Grant (EPT690010Z) Mods Page What is considered to be the BEST Base Station and Mobile CB Radio Antennas. A high power mobile covering the 10m Amateur band (28-29.7MHz), on FM & AM ( not SSB). Go To the Albrecht AE495S Mods Page That, sir, is a damn fine specimen! Same Day Shipping! It operates at up to 13 watts AM and up to 40 watts FM. Let the dealers do any modification work or requests (just ask the question,they wont bite),thats what they there for,as these new breed of sets are not like the old school CB radios,they need specialized tools and kit and skills. Warranty Duration 2 + 3 years. - Volume adjustment and ON/OFF. I have already done the above with top results, but I wont divulge values so not to encourage messers to void their warranty. Searching for a 10 meter amateur radio with maximum power, high sensitivity and the versatility to operate on both AM and FM modulation? Go To the Superstar Mods Page Don't care for the 6 pin mic but you can get a adapter ( 6 to 4 pin). Go To the Cobra 19 DX II Mods Page Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:07 pm: yaesu ft-757gx is a good radio for conversion to 11m. by CBR1100XX 29 Jun 2017, 10:33, Post CB radio magazine did a video on the McKinley and he does show 2 adjustments that can be made on these but for now I'm not touching it. The WorldwideDX Radio Forum was originally established in 2001. Go To the Midland 79-290 Mods Page Go To the President / Uniden Washington (uPD858) Mods Page It was tube. There are a lot more CB'ers than hams. by cb4ever104 18 Feb 2015, 08:18, Post I have been a trucker for 33 years and was tired of conversations that ended up in name calling or worse. And this happened the same week my Uncle passed away. JavaScript is disabled. Mod to 11 meters, simple. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to simonthewizard and http://www.simonthewizard.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Interesting it was sent to a customer! Expansion Page News from Richie Radio Brooklyn in the USA of the top secret as he states engineer menu on the recently released President Richard. "I was lead to believe that once converted it was just a glorified CB with higher power & it would no longer transmit on the 10 Meter band! I guess it's all in how you look at it. Common Sense applies here. Why waste your time and money on an inferior, more expensive radio when the Richard is a perfect fit for your Freightliner Cascadia, Kenworth, Peterbilt or International Truck. .. Download Manual. A 1.8k does the job. Go To the Cobra Audio Modification And Tuning List Ive the service manual for the Richard and also dedicated page for the set-up from the manual. Go To the Cobra 150 GTL Mods Page Go To the Galaxy 73HML Mods Page Go To the Maycom EM 27 Mods Page Care to buy us a beer? Allows 7w AM and 15-20w FM. Rotary switch channel selector; Volume adjustment and ON/OFF go figure huh ? Jan 15, 2020 - Explore Chris's board "CB Radio Mods" on Pinterest. good show chuck, you said ya picked up a 430, did i tell i fried the 0ne i got from you, can anyone point me in the direction of a 2 pill schem for the HG 2879? - RF Power - 50 W AM (PEP) / 35 W FM / 35W USB-LSB (PEP) / 12W CW. Put your money into a antenna system instead. Cart is empty. I second the yaesu 757GX series radiosthe GXII was a pretty nice one. Opinions on the President McKinley Radio?? Go To the Galaxy III Frequency Counter Page Something like $40 - $50 dollars and you got enough wire for an antenna on all of them bands. by CBR1100XX 01 Jul 2017, 06:10, Return to CB & 11m Multi-Mode Radio Equipment Discussion, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, Prosilver Dark Edition by Premium phpBB Styles. Oh, what the #&((, throw in another $20 for a 10 year license to use all of that stuff legally. The manufacturer has a strict "minimum advertised price" policy for this item. Go To the President / Uniden Madison (PC-411) Mods Page Please download it and see if it is of interest to you, you may find that it will help you to work on a modification theory, without even having to open up a radio ! Go To the Connex Deerhunter Mods Page DWALL did you not ask this same question on another forum? President is it! I took the stand that lots of Lincoln II were destroyed by people playing in the menu so why break more radios? The President Richard is a reasonably priced, high performance 50 watt radio with Echo, talkback, and a multi-color display. The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Go To the GME TX404N, GME TX 830N Mods Page Go To the Pearce Simpson Super Lion MKII Mods Page Go To the Pro Series SD310 Mods Page Go To the Radio Shack TRC-485 Mods Page Go To the Galaxy 55V Mods Page Go To the Galaxy Melaka Mods Page And hey, I really enjoy being the token intellectual CBer of the board here. Go To the Superstar KF VI Frequency Counter Page It includes an S-meter, an F function key, and an ultra light electret microphone. Agree,if your not got the correct test equipment ie a proper calibrated Radio communications test-set and the proper skills (That's does not mean two U-tube video's- self proclaimed hobby engineer types out there) and all the test jigs,special cables,full service manual ,leave well alone,or seek expert who has or request dealer to do so,as these new CB cannot be reset back to default . And then, usually a simple diode clip and you got 11 bands. by Tib2K 29 Jun 2017, 15:54, Post - Rotary switch channel selector- Volume adjustment and ON/OFF- RF Power- Manual squelch and ASC- Multi-functions LCD display- Frequencies display- S-meter- Public Address- ANL filter, NB and HI-CUT- RF Gain / Mike gain- Scan- Talkback- MENU function key- Beep Function- Roger Beep- Mode switch AM/FM-Tone- VFO Mode (continuous scanning of 28.000 Mhz to 29.700 Mhz)- Vox- Echo- Mic type electret / dynamic- SWR (Power Reading /SWR)- Preset emergency (EMG 1&2)- TOT (Time Out Timer)- Front microphone plug- External loudspeaker jack- USB 5V 2.1A. Although you can legally receive on these channels with any portable scanner, so we assume it would also be legal to receive . We'd really appreciate it! Go To the Amateur Go To the Alan 9001 Expansion Page Go To the Dragon TRC-485 Mods Page You would be surprised how many truckers simply use a cb radio to get on down the road and for help reasons , or a chit chat with others within a few mile range.but what can say here , they still like to blame on the dudes that bring us our food and clothes and all the other wham wham's and zoo zoo's that we all would find it hard to live without. (W) x 6.29 in. Get all the latest information on events,sales and offers. Go To the Midland 75-805 Mods Page They don't have the fancy do dads but they are a bullit proof radio that will last. If you want a great talking solid radio, get yourself a Uniden PC78, have a good tech do a 2sc1969 final and or NPC mod. Intermediate Member. You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Go To the Galaxy 66V Mods Page SO below is the relevant page from the manual. will cover 500khz-30mhz. BUT its now out there already! President Richard EXPORT MOD. Every time I heared a new radio it would sound great on the air for a couple weeks, then turn to distorted trash within a week after someone would get in there with a screwdriver! Go To the Ranger RCI 6900F Mods Page Go To the Cherokee AH 100 Handheld Mods Page Midland M88 V1.10 Etc . 40W FM, 50W (PEP) AM. Go To the President Glenn Mods Page Good radio small in size great options really like it had it for a couple months now currently hooked up to two Wilson 1000 antennas on an SWR 1.0 across all channels I would buy another one. Ive personally worked on these new types soft pot CB radios,so know what im talking about,plus 35+years in Radio & Electronics Industry I just bought a new in the box President Lincoln II+ V3. Go To the Galaxy FC347 Frequency Counter Mods Page Took 3 min and works like a dream. With the RICHARD, you can communicate on the 10 meter band at optimal range with less interference, and all at minimal cost. Go To the Galaxy 949 / 959 Radio Mods Page - VFO Mode. Go To the Realistic TRC 485 Mods Page - S-meter. (took longer to find a Carbon Film, 1/4 watt, 1000 ohms, 5% resistor than to do the work.) thanks for the additional replies . Go To the uPD858 10Khz Jump Modification Page Check out the newer President Radios offered on CB World! Not too bad, huh? Pleased to date with this purchase! All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. Get talkin', we'll help! Go To the President / Uniden Washington (MB8719) Mods Page So many of you got your start there and it's nice to see people serious about the radio hobby come back and go down memory lane. Orders placed before 5 p.m. EST ship same day! Back light color: Richard. Looking for a great CB Radio or 10 Meter Radio? you have been warned ! Can someone explain to me whats done to the 10 Meter radios when there converted to transmit on the 11 Meter channels? I remember back in the 80's there were a lot of kitchen table radio techs tweaking and tuning to the point where they transmitted the loudest garbled distorted noise I ever heard! Go To the General Stonewall Jackson Mods Page Go To the Zachary T Mods Page, This counter shows the number of hits since the Go To the President George Mods Page Go To the President / Uniden Grant Export (PC999) Mods Page seems they have much much better ears/rx than cb's/export . The President RICHARD gives you the performance and flexibility you need at a price you can afford. Re: President Lincoln II+ V3 (how to unlock for 11 meters?) President Taylor IV Test Mode. President Barry II High Power & Channel Mod. How about half of that for a 10 band radio, seem like a better deal? by 14CS06 17 Feb 2015, 20:42, Post This is some handy software that I wrote to assist with modificationsby telling you what is possible and what frequencies will be generated for a given PLL type and radio chassis, it can also help teach people more about the theoretical operation of different CB types. Go To the Realistic TRC 453 Mods Page All Rights Reserved (c) http://www.simonthewizard.com 2013-2019 Unauthorised Use / Or Duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blogs author is strictly prohibited. From what I have read, the McKinley is somewhat difficult to modify with regards to the clarifier or modulation, and it's frequency coverage modification is mostly not possible. I believe it is fairly simple to open up for general coverage transmit, too, although not as simple as the '757. Despite it's "old school" appearance (with analogue meter) this radio is packed with features, accessed through a menu system, from variable power to built-in echo. Save 11%. CBR1100XX. maybe a 2950 or 257 but i doubt ill find one in my price range . A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. guess ill stick with cb's . About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . if not sorry. However , that won't fix your slide issue . View Cart. Go To the Texas Ranger FC390 Frequency Counter Mods Page Are you looking for specialist technical information, like circuit diagrams, service manuals, PCB layouts or specific troubleshooting and repair tips, I probably have what you need ! Cart is empty. Product was successfully added to your shopping cart. The President is right "in the mix" where it needs to be. by Mudslinger 17 Feb 2015, 20:10, Post Go To the President / Uniden Grant LT Mods Page (includes hookup of FC347 counter) It is required by FCC regulations that you have a license to transmit on these frequencies. , 0,7 V -110 dBm (AM) / 0,35 V -116 dBm (FM), mini 0.2 V - 120 dBm / maxi 1 mV - 47 dBm. Peace. Go To the Euro 3900 Mods Page RICHARD v1.02- Franais / English / Espaol / Portugus / Polski -, Antennas recommended for this transceiver, Your email will not be displayed. Post It is used to respond to you if necessary. I spent many a hour in the local drug store using their tube tester to keep the thing running. Change it to a 1.8k or 2.2k.
How To Transfer Cna License To Washington State, Articles P