Height4.50" Overall Length6.50" Capacity6 Grooves6 Available in CAYes Available in MAYes CatalogLCRX UPC7-36676-05462-6 Wind was not a factor. Contest open to U.S. residents only. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Deployed military should use stateside address. State Agency: Nor will the Crimson Trace LaserGrip for the DAO LCR fit the LCRx. Because it maintains the dimensions of a neat, little (it still qualifies as this) carry gun while bringing out the best in the powerful cartridge, the LCRx is just about everything youd want out of a defensive .357 Mag. In addition to being a very powerful cartridge, the .327 Federal Magnum has the advantage of increasing the guns capacity. The LCR, in this chambering, is the king of versatility. High-strength stainless steel cylinder, featuring a PVD finish for excellent durability, is extensively fluted, reducing weight. This little gun puts the rounds on target! Save big on a new ruger lcrx. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Online shopping from a great selection of discounted 327 FEDERAL MAGNUM Firearms by Ruger at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. Therefore, you must keep in mind to tilt the revolver back to clear it completely (a review of Massad Ayoobs stressfire technique to clear the gun might be in order). $269.00. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Department: Firearms > Handgun Revolver > Single-Action Revolvers. It has a partially exposed hammer, which I prefer, allowing for DA/SA action. Get the 76th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: . North Dakota Game & Fish Department, State Agency: Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of Patented polymer fire control housing holds all the fire control components in their proper dimensional relationships, reduces weight significantly and helps reduce recoil. Most of the six-shot groups hovered around the 2-inch range. I am going to start watching Bud's, and this will be my new hiking/xc skiing/snowshoeing/mountain biking handgun. The Monolithic Frame supports cylinder and barrel and is made from 7000 series aluminum in the .38 Special LCRx. Massachusetts Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, State Agency: The front sight is unusually tall to compensate for the lightweight gun's substantial muzzle jump when firing full power .38 Special ammunition. Only Ruger and Freedom Arms catalog this caliber at present. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models. The adjustable Patridge type sights allow accurate aiming and the hammer is low enough that it doesn't interfere with aiming when shooting double action. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. The sight radius is 3.55 inches. Despite the platform being dated in this era of semi-automatic pistols, a man or woman wielding a gun chambered for this cartridge is well armedperhaps even more so, given the recent advancement in revolver design; and even more with Rugers latest addition to its easy-to-carry, ultra-lightweight line of revolvers. While it will find favor with outdoorsmen who like carrying a lot of gun in a little package, I believe it will also find a following with concealed carry folks who appreciate the slightly longer sight radius the 3-inch barrel offers over snub-nose barrels. DeSantis FLETC 2.0 OWB Holster with 2x2x2 Pouch for Ruger LCR/LCRX 1-7/8" DeSantis FLETC 2.0 OWB Holster with 2x2x2 Pouch fo. This cartridge was introduced in 2008 in a Ruger SP101 with a 3.1-inch barrel. The LCRx was designed to be a concealed carry "snub-nosed" revolver and comes standard with a 1.87-inch barrel. It has less recoil than the .357 Magnum and offers an extra round capacity. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Since this latest LCRx has a frame size directly comparable to a Colt Diamondback, we wonder why Ruger went with a solid top rib. Arguably, their tinkering in the all-American pursuit of more muscle produced perhaps the greatest revolver cartridge of all time. The Ruger LCR is a lightweight, small-frame revolver with a uniquely smooth trigger and highly manageable recoil. The 3-inch-barreled LCRx in .357 Magnum is all business and meant to excel in a cutthroat world. Ruger LCRx 3 inch. This problem is endemic to ultra-lightweight handguns chambered for powerful cartridges. Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal MAG Revolver 5.5 in Barrel, Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum Revolver with 4.2 Inch Barrel, Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum Revolver with 7.5 Inch Barrel, Ruger SP101 327 Federal Magnum Double Action Revolver, Ruger LCR 327 Federal Magnum Double-Action Revolver, Ruger LCRx 327 Federal Magnum Double-Action Revolver, Ruger SP101 327 Federal Mag Double-Action Revolver with 3-Inch Barrel, Ruger GP100 Standard 327 FED MAG 7-Shot Double-Action Revolver, Ruger GP100 Standard 327 Federal Mag Double-Action Revolver, Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum Revolver with 5.5 Inch Barrel and Satin Blued Finish, Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum Revolver with Black Micarta Grips, Ruger GP100 327 Federal Mag Double-Action Revolver with Smooth Walnut Grips. I shot a box of store bought 32 H&R Magnum Cowboy Action loads, and they were a dream to shoot. Physics dictates nothing less in a lightweight gun. I like the power of the magnum cartridge because it maximizes performance from these short-barreled guns. The Ruger LCR is a great, little revolver, so this review was a lot of fun. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winners. Within a week the brand new, three inch, LCRx arrived at our doorstep, which is probably a record for promptness from a gun manufacturer. The LCRx features a transfer bar ignition system. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Belly guns have a long history and can be roughly defined as any revolver with a short barrel typically intended for concealed carry. What other hand-cannon caliber is, in the same breath, both manageable and devastatingly powerful? A heavier all steel revolver, such as the excellent Ruger GP100, is much more comfortable for extended practice sessions or for use with high power ammunition. This is great when the user is upright, but as soon as they are seated, everything poking into the lower abdomen can cause discomfort. For example, the hottest round I shot was Sig Sauers 125-grain Elite Performance V-Crown, which clocked in at an average 1,281 fps, as measured by my chronograph 6 feet from the muzzle. A carbine/handgun combination is a practical tradition, and also a great way of getting practice from a single box of cartridges. (I) Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. However, its snappy recoil remains unpleasant, especially with +P ammo. The LCR series from Ruger has a hybrid-frame design. If you include the other calibers this gun will fire, the types of bullets available and the list of manufacturers increases significantly. The monolithic frames of LCRs chambered in .327 Federal Magnum, 9mm Luger and .357 Magnum are made of stainless steel, whereas frames of guns chambered in .22 LR, .22 Magnum and .38 Special are made from 700 series aluminum. rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. It will not fit in the small fanny packs or holsters adequate for an LCRx snubby, S&W Chief's Special or Colt Cobra. Im here to say that its all true. Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism, Massachusetts Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, Rhode Island Department of Fish & Wildlife, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, New York Department of Environmental Conservation, Mississippi Deptartment of Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks, Minnesota Deptartment of Natural Resources, Michigan Deptartment of Natural Resources, Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources, Hawaii Department of Land & Natural Resources, Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, Alabama Department of Conservation & Natural Resources. Indiana Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Video: Defensively Speaking, Is Perfect Sight Alignment Imperative? This includes hollow point, soft point and cast lead bullets. The hammer draw, DA trigger pull and SA trigger pull all require substantially more effort than they should. This is awfully close to the power of a .357 Magnum when it launches a 125-grain bullet at 1,250 fps from a 2-inch barrel producing 434 ft.-lbs. Take advantage of our 30-day Test Drive! The gun features a Hogue Tamer rubber grip that incorporates a very soft insert at the web of the hand to take the bite out of recoil. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. This revolver features an exposed hammer that is facilitating single-action operation. Thanks for the review; it does this firearm and cartridge combo justice. The bottom line is that, without shooting live ammunition, the gun points very low. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. thus a ruger single seven or lcr 327 can perform many different roles for users with different physical conditions. Bet you will enjoy it as much as a Ruger. With the last throws of winter blustering across the prairie, I wore gloves for my range time and was completely unimpeded. Ruger LCRx .357 Mag $594.99sportsmans.com. As a .38 Special fan, I would also like to see a slightly heaver steel frame (like the .327/.9mm/.357 models) .38 Only model, and three inch fixed sight models would be nice carry options as well. This fits your . Furthermore, it made the LCRx less punishing and more accurate, at least shot to shot, allowing me to maintain greater control on follow-ups. This gun is infinitely more comfortable to shoot than my Smith & Wesson 340PD, which painfully stings my hand with full house .357 Magnum loads. And Ruger gives shooters the tools to take advantage of it. Nevada Department of Wildlife, State Agency: The author tested the LCRx with .38 Special loads from Hornady. Famously, its extremely easy to change the grips on the LCR and LCRx: Theres only one retention screw to remove. Ruger SP101 327 Federal Mag Double-Action Revolver with 3-Inch Barrel $649.99; Brand: Ruger; Item Number: 5784; Ruger GP100 Standard 327 FED MAG 7-Shot Double . This time out Jim shot the smallest group (two inches). The LCRx revolver features aerospace-grade aluminum construction, a polymer fire control housing for reduced weight, a grip peg that accommodates many different grip styles, a Hogue Tamer Monogrip for reduced recoil and comfortable handling, a friction-reducing cam for a smooth trigger pull, a stainless steel cylinder with a PVD finish and fluted South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks, State Agency: The LCRx, for the most part, is meant to live a clandestine life. Nominal ballistics are a 100-grain bullet at 1,500 fps producing 500 ft.-lbs. Ruger LCRX 3" Concealed Carry Question . Not surprisingly, we found the three inch LCRx easier and more accurate to shoot at 25 yards from a bench rest than the original LCRx snubby. Iowa Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Ruger LCP II w/ CT Laserguard; Ruger LCR (1.875") .22, 38, 357; Ruger LCR /w Lasermax Centerfire; Ruger LCRx 3" Ruger Max 380; Ruger Max 9; Ruger P85 P89 KP P90 P91; Ruger P93 94 95 and KP 95; Ruger Redhawk; Ruger Security 380 Holster; Ruger Security 9; Ruger Security 9 Compact; Ruger SP 101 2.25" Ruger SP 101 2.25" w/ CT LaserGrip; Ruger SP . Its thanks to the .357 Magnums nearly perfect middle ground that the defensive revolver continues to soldier on. The revolver sent to me for testing is similar in many ways to other .38 Specials LCRs I've shot in the past. EASY INSTALLATION: User installed- No gunsmithing required - Factory sighted at 50 feet, but is fully user adjustable for Windage and Elevation with provided tool FITS: Ruger LCR and LCRx Revolvers Frequently bought together Total price: Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Save my name and email to use for future comments. Thats to be expected, but the Hogue Tamer grip made it tolerable. They are easily concealed and easily accessed. Even the .357 Mag LCR was fun to shoot-just not a full . The suggested retail price is $749. Deployed military should use stateside address. Ruger LCRx. The .32 Magnum is the smallest cartridge with a Magnum designation meaning it is an improved, more effective cartridge based on, or derived from, an earlier cartridge design. ), 5 Best AR-10 Options You Can Actually Afford (2023). Rem. The latter is primarily responsible for the revolvers relatively good DA trigger pull. The cylinder gap of our test gun is tight and uniform. We compared the new LCRx to a classic Colt Diamondback .38 and found that the silhouette of the two revolvers is almost identical in size and shape. Pennsylvania Game Commission, State Agency: Contest open to U.S. residents only. Frame: Stainless steel, black DLC/polymer, black Cylinder: Stainless steel, black DLC Grip: Hogue Tamer Front Sight: Ramped and serrated with white stripe Cold Steel makes a Ruger LCR Rubber Training Revolver designed to imitate the real thing for safe training. The cylinder crane release button is very stiff - takes a lot of pressure to free the cylinder to open for loading. Arizona Game & Fish Department, State Agency: The LCRx .22 LR's billion pound double-action trigger pull. With an 8-round capacity, the .22 LR LCRx is the perfect revolver for range practice or to take with you on that fishing or camping trip. Deployed military should use stateside address. Again, takes a lot of pressure to open or close the cylinder. When Ruger debuted the LCR in .327, they utilized the steel upper receiver like they had on their other high pressure chamberings, the .357 and 9mm. It incorporates several novel features such as a polymer grip and trigger housing, monolithic receiver, and constant force trigger. Online shopping from a great selection of discounted 327 FEDERAL MAGNUM Revolvers by Ruger at Vance Outdoors. Ruger LCRx .38 Special +P Revolver with 3" barrel, Having previously reviewed and liked the original double action only (DAO) Ruger LCR (Lightweight Compact Revolver) and subsequent true double action (DA) LCRx .38 +P snub-nose revolvers, we were compelled to request a sample of the latest variation, an LCRx with a longer, three inch, fully shrouded barrel and adjustable sights. rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. However, if you stay stock, the inset white stripe proves highly visible, even in the gray and hazy conditions I used it in. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. For my range test of the 3-inch-barrelled LCRx, I shot three different defensive roundsincluding one in .38 Spl +Pand a full metal jacket round. Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, State Agency: Unlike most DA revolvers, the LCRx does not have a side plate to allow access to its internal parts. of muzzle energy from a 4-inch barrel, which approaches the .357 Magnums prototypical performance of a 125-grain bullet at 1,450 fps producing 583 ft.-lbs. Stretching the barrel . The SP101's accuracy was solid, with groups averaging around 3.25" at 25 yards. Charter Arms, Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Freedom Arms and U.S. Fire Arms (now defunct) also chambered revolvers in this cartridge. But the short hammer throw and the trigger fulcrum giving mechanical advantage to the trigger stroke is pure genius. Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. The center lock pin is made from titanium to reduce mass and inertia. The Ruger LCR is a compact revolver built by Sturm, Ruger & Co. and announced in January 2009. The .327 Federal Magnum is a longer, higher-pressure version of the .32 H&R (Harrington and Richardson) Magnum. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Of course, the Colt's six shot cylinder is larger in diameter than the five shot LCRx cylinder. innovative firearms. A Hogue Tamer Monogrip offers a comfortable grasp and helps tame recoil. In ballistic gelatin, it opened to .401 and penetrated 21. Contest open to U.S. residents only. While every effort is made to include accurate and correct images, descriptions and pricing for all products, inadvertent errors may occur. The screw adjustable rear sight makes precise sighting-in easy. When I consider a good CCW gun, I need to know if I can send rapid, accurate fire at a target. Think it is possible, as Ruger keeps expanding the LCR Models. To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. The LCRx's lock work is loosely based on previous Ruger DA revolver designs, but incorporates several innovative features, including e-nickel Teflon on critical engagement surfaces and a small concave camming surface on the trigger where it interfaces with the hammer sub assembly. That said, my 327 needs appear to be covered. Any inquiry should be directed to a distributor in your country. And some folks simply prefer revolvers. (I) Giveaway ends April 30, 2023. A 2-inch barreled .357 Magnum will launch 125-grain bullets at 1,250 feet per second (fps), which is in the power range of a 9mm+P from a 4-inch barrel. of muzzle energy from an equal barrel length. The superior sights and longer sight radius definitely help. Idaho Department of Fish & Game, State Agency: The LCR version was introduced in 2015. P365XL vs P320 X Compact: Skinny or Stout? Right-handed only. This is a cartridge engineering accomplishment, by the way, so hats off to the teams that designed my defensive cartridges. Maryland Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Sights. It was designed specifically for concealed carry, so Ruger did not spend time on shiny aesthetics that many have come to expect in modern revolvers. The .327 cartridge will never take off like most folks would like, but there is room for this offering. Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, State Agency: CALIBER/GAUGE:327 Federal Magnum CAPACITY:6 BARREL:1.87" OVERALL LENGTH:6.5" RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-16 SIGHTS:FS: Pinned Ramp / RS: U-Notch ADDL INFO:Stainless cylinder-PVD finish ADDL INFO:External hammer ADDL INFO:Replaceable front sight Thats quite good for a gun with such a short sight radius. I can hear you now: Lord, hes going to talk about recoil. Life Member: SAF, Life Member: CCRKBA, Life Member: FOAC. Description: MODEL:LCRX TYPE:Revolver ACTION:Double / Single Action FINISH:Matte Black FRAME/GRIPS:Alloy Frame Hogue Tamer Monogrip Alloy Frame WEIGHT:17.7 oz. In fact, it was a bad day for Chuck and Rocky, as Jim shot the smallest group with each type of ammo. Exposed hammer. The Henry Big Boy is both fun to shoot and practical. Only the front surface (muzzle) of the barrel insert is polished. Gun Trust NFA, What the Ruger LCRx Brings to the Table (Or the Holster), comprehensive guide to the best concealed carry handguns. Accuracy was tested with a six-shot group at 7 yards, fired from sandbags. Win. Even so, its easy to find when you want to cock it for a single-action shot. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens," It makes sense, given that when most folks go in search of a concealed-carry revolver, they generally poke around for the tersest model they can find. With a 3-inch barrel, the revolver has a decent sight radius. The .32 Magnum can push 100-grain bullets around 1,200 fps, around 325 fpe. Consistent and smooth go a long way in overcoming heavy. Why Ruger insists on installing such heavy springs in their handguns is a mystery. The LCRx has a more traditional double action (DA) look and feel with an external hammer that allows the shooter to cock and shoot single-action if desired. Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department, State Agency: I had to push the cases out one-by-one with a pencil. Please note that due to export regulations, this service is not available to international customers.
Recent Deaths In Brisbane 2021, Gaji Reporter Tribun Solo, What Happened To Loretta On Ncis: New Orleans, Stacey Dash Net Worth Forbes, Articles R