Armstrong greeted onlookers with a smile, but declined to comment. He is a new believer, so Im concerned that he focus on the right things to start off. . Hi Dave- Although I recognize the names, Im not really familiar with either of them. previous 1 2 next sort by previous 1 2 next * Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. Im sorry, I misread your original comment to mean that he was speaking with (i.e. The type who say deny imputation and you deny the gospel!If it is these types of Calvinists that frustrate youI know what you mean man. More than those, however, like you I found myself having increasing desire to let the Bible speak for itself which led me to Reformed and Covenantal theology. Thank, Kelli. Hi Mel- I would steer clear of all three. . Stephen Armstrong writes for the Guardian, the Sunday Times, GQ, Elle, Wallpaper and the New Statesman, as well as showing up on Radio 4 whenever they let him. In that moment I found Calvinism irresistible. https://cbfguam.org. He was using the classic, correct theological definition of heresy, which a lot of people are unaware of these days because the term is tossed about so haphazardly. We currently attend a church out of state but to be honest, we are sort of done with church as a whole. books by pastor john hagee; ethical issues facing ethnographers include all of the following except; . Videos. Gary Gilley is a good sound bible teacher. Wednesday Service 7pm. Looking for a scripturely sound, non legalistic church seems nearly impossible at least up here in New Jersey. Over the years too, Ive grown to find a lot of silliness in pop-Calvinism. Thank you for that. I try to stress to my readers that they should never just take my, or anyone elses, word for it that someone is a false or trustworthy teacher, but that they need to compare everything to Scripture. 7,417,439 journeys have been made to this site. Great list! He does a so-so job (but gets an E for effort). I could no longer fight it. I am going to check out the ones I have not heard of. Jack Graham, on the other hand, I would not recommend. I was very comforted by the numerous comments I saw bringing Tonys false teaching to light, though. Hi Mark- I think you might be mistaken. I dont personally understand it because I could not be close with someone I disagree with so passionately, but thats the way God wired me, and He didnt create everybody else just like me. If I knew Voddie personally and he asked my advice, I would tell him I didnt think it was wise to post a picture of himself with Tony Evans (which was one among several pictures of him with many other people) with the word friend attached to it. . It sounds like you are on the right track. I agree with you, Michelle. Stephen Armstrong was the founder and principal teacher of Verse By Verse Ministry International. Stephen Armstrong is a journalist and author. I seem to lean in this direction because God is all knowing and perfectly sovereign and He must know who will be saved and who wont. Aw, thanks so much Susan! I am certainly glad to take a moment to pray for you and your wife. Im sure if hes Peters Approved hes a fine pastor and exegete :0) Glad you found the articles helpful. It was actually another lady, who commented on the daughters comment by Voddie. One of his parishioners nearby said the police action has long been expected. More recently, he has been a featured speaker at events like the Passion conference where he has shared the stage with Christine Caine, Beth Moore, and Judah Smith. He was a pastor, a school administrator and teacher in four different states. After reading your false teachers section, I feel like maybe I was naively listening to the wrong man? Seating is limited to 550 guests. West Valley Police Activity, These teachings were often at odds with traditional Christian beliefs and at times were explicitly in contradiction to the Bible. We didnt realize he supported people who are known false teachers. . Youre welcome. Hesselink expounds Calvin's view of the Lord's Supper. in Sociology and Religion at California Lutheran University . My husband said Im sorry to say this to you, but you wouldnt have him teach at your pulpit because you wouldnt risk loosing 90% of the goats you have & many on staff. Thanks for ask you do. Truth is truth regardless of what we call it. Our professor, Dr. John McKinley, had assigned us a theology project in which we had to analyze all of the key texts in the salvation/election debate and provide our own statement on the subject. ), is statistically more likely to receive false teaching than anyone who seeks out a male teacher. :0). LISTEN to our Hospitality: Part 2 episode on @awordfitlyspoken! According to the 2021 NRB schedule of events, Tony Evans spoke at a worship service at 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 22, but I dont see Voddies or Priscillas name listed any where on the schedule. 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars. Have you any issues with Jimmy Swaggart s ministry in Baton Rouge? Im currently listening to Jims podcasts through John; he brings the words to new lights; particularly those round the crucifixion. Yes, I still share the gospel and pray for the unsaved but His Word has become so much richer to me and my election more real. As you talk about Mormons pray for Grace Reigns- a ministry to FLDS in Colorado city. It obviously helped. Id encourage you to give any of the gents on this list a try. It is amazing and taught us how we had been taught wrong for so many years. Steve Lawson - A pastor for 34 years, Dr. Lawson is now founder and president of OnePassion Ministries, "a ministry designed to equip biblical expositors to bring about a new reformation in the church." He serves on the board of Ligonier Ministries and The Master's Seminary, where he is also Professor of Preaching. Charles Stanley and Jack Graham are to me the best of the best. While I consider him to be generally doctrinally sound and agree with him in many aspects of theology, he is not someone I proactively recommend for a few reasons: 1. Some were quite easy to cross off ( women pastors, or eldersand things.) They are lists of men I have listened to or read and am familiar enough with to feel comfortable recommending. Charles Spurgeon is great reading.. hes not someone I would recommend even if I had heard of him. He definitely is not on my list. Despite the manifold frustrations that I have felt over the years with a certain breed of Calvinist for their sloppy exegesis, caricatures of the perspectives of non-Calvinists, and odd cultural habits, nevertheless, I continue to persevere. Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary is deeply committed to being a servant seminary that prepares bold spiritual leaders who are public theologians. https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2014/12/01/6-things-you-should-know-about-voddie-baucham/. The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, The Virginia Baptist State Convention Pastor's Conference, Truett Seminary Preaching Conference, and the Stephen Olford Center for Biblical Preaching to name a few. I would like to recommend my pastor, Mike Abendroth, of No Compromise Radio and pastor of Bethlehem Bible Church. How do you feel about Charles R. Swindoll (Chuck Swindoll) and James Dobson? Some people call acquaintances with whom they have a cordial Hi, how are you? relationship friends. Or its possible that Voddie is maintaining a friendly relationship with Tony in order to disciple him and correct his errant theology. 3.57 avg rating 53 ratings published 2011 5 editions. I listen to his sound a Bible studies all the time. I spent my Sundays listening to sermons online while cruising the internet everyday. He said the man he listens to on a regular basis that nobody knows of is Dr. Bryan Hughes gbcmt.org he is on the board of directors at the Masters university and Seminary. In brief, Jesus is spiritually present when the elements are taken in faith. Bless the Lord O my soul! John holds a PhD from the University of St Andrews, where he studied under Professor N. T. Wright. The fault lies with people who dont understand the difference between true heresy and false teaching. Ive learned over the past few years that TBN is dangerous to the Christian soul and now Im on a journey to find good solid Biblical teaching while still avoiding all false teachers so these lists are more valuable than you know for a newer believer like myself. I ran and thanked God for the early warning even as I ran. Just for clarity, I would not be bringing this to his attention. But that conversation, a few other conversations with friends, Al Mohlers response to Hurricane Katrina, The Goodness of God and the Reality of Evil, my developing infatuation with John Piper sermons, these all started chipping away at my defenses. I was sitting in my living room and was suddenly overwhelmed that God chose me completely and I had done NOTHING to merit it. I love listening to Stephen Armstrong from Verse by Verse Ministries International. I was already aware of Beth Moore and Joyce Meyer and the Osteens. Ive never discussed here atThe Two Cities how I became a Calvinistso I thought Id use this anniversary of sorts as an opportunity to reflect on that. Do you recommend him? [] Cf. All his teachings are available for free and in podcasts format or straight from their website with downloadable notes. Thank you! Thanks for being bold with me all those years ago. I dont think its anything to be alarmed about. Leroy R. Armstrong, Jr. . Lordship-Salvation works is not a Calvinistic belief. How about Chester A. McCalley of He was 65. Now that COVID restrictions have eased, we would like to celebrate his life and legacy with you in-person. Again a few of my favourites, but its great to have more names to check out. 2. Also author of truth or territory re spiritual battles. Ultimately, this could lead to a woman holding the senior-pastor position, which would be a violation . He currently serves as Associate Professor of New Testament and the Director of the Doctor of Ministry program at Bethel Seminary (St. Paul, MN). (Link in stories and AWFS bio), Popular False Teachers & Unbiblical Trends, Doctrinally Sound Christian Men to Follow 1. Totally agree with Begg and have heard him preach personally. He is old school, but very powerful. I was amused you included Todd Friel, and impressed you had Voddie Baucham on the list. You can hear some teaching about the problems with Hagee and Young here (just put each of their names in the search bar). I dont believe God has made Himself blind as to who might believe one day and leave it to the choice of man who has no good or inclination to seek God in and of himself. Blessings to you. Not questioning your opinion I would like to read it. The Reverend Dr. Stephen P. Bauman, Senior Minister . He brings a stately passion to his messages that our generation sorely lacks! I did enjoy the Gospel Message you have at the top of this page. 3. (As I recall, Todd mentioned something to that effect on that episode.). Hell provide what you need. I ask questions about the doctrines of gracefor which they did not believe. Because nearly all of the best known female Bible teachers/authors/speakers on the store shelves are false teachers. They have many teachers, especially on their Conference Pulpit as well as the regularly featured speakers throughout the day. Actually, Jim Osman is Pastor/teacher at Kootenai Community Church, which is where brother Justin attends when he is in town. Thank you. It disturbed me so much that I actually thought that I had made the wrong choice to attend BIOLA. Pastor, Sovereign Grace Church of Indiana, Pennsylvania; author, The Greener Grass Conspiracy; blogger . When Pastor Stephen Armstrong passed away in January we had a very small ceremony. I sat in this church for 18 months, as I studied Gods word and hermeneutics on my own. Join Pastor Armstrong and Verse By Verse Fellowship for a verse-by-verse study through one of the most encouraging and eye-opening letters in the New Testament. Hi! Where are you getting your information? One of the final tipping points was when I was having a discussion with a Mormon and she said, Youre saying that you arent saved by your works, but isnt your accepting Heavenly Fathers gift of salvation a work? Umwell, I guess if we have any say in receiving salvation, then it would be a work that we do. Introducing the Southwestern Seminary faculty. 2. Ha, yes! But however unwise I think this is, it does not rise to the level of yoking with a false teacher in ministry (2 Corinthians 6:14ff) and it does not warrant removing Voddie from this list, warning against him, or calling him a false teacher, as some might be tempted to do. So glad to have found you! Im not familiar with this site or Dr. Broggi, but at a quick glance it seems to have a biblical statement of faith and nothing I saw raised a red flag right off the bat. I listen to quite a few of the men you have listed; I have added Jim Osman to my podcast list. Can you advise? . Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. He came to know the Lord in his early 30s, while serving as an Air Force officer. It takes time. Thank you very much! We need the prayers but the love is what touched my heart. First Corinthians 36 Lessons. So blessed to have their ministry right down the road. Chalke, Steve [rejects penal substitution and biblical Inerrancy; supports same sex unions] Cho, Paul or David Yonggi [Word of Faith, pastor of largest church in the world] Claiborne, Shane [Progressive Christian] Clement, Kim [New Apostolic Reformation] Copeland, Kenneth and Gloria [Word of Faith] John Dominic Crossan [Liberal Theology] While many churches have wavered and changed their doctrines, Armstrong projects an image of unwavering orthodoxy and supports the inspiration of the Bible. April 13, 2022 By Dave Armstrong 0 Comments. A few years ago I spent a lot of time in Romans with Steven Armstrong (a Calvinist) and later with Kay Author and irresistible grace came alive. 949-214-3392. paul.elliott@cui.edu. These doctrines and teachings have been referred to as Armstrongism by non-adherents. Obituary. I was most moved recently by his series on Luke 9:23 (http://www.gibcjupiter.org/pages/sermons/detail/sermon/2540). I would like to recommend my pastor, Mike Abendroth, of No Compromise Radio and pastor of Bethlehem Bible Church. . NICOLE ARMSTRONG. Reformed pastor Steve Schlissel tries very hard to be ecumenical towards Catholics. Where I had thought I had no more to learn I realized I knew nothing at all. Stephen Altrogge. He was . Oh I could go on . 2020 RightNow Ministries Kelli. I met and spoke to Justin peters at a conference one time. Im not familiar with Erwin Lutzer, so I couldnt say at this point whether or not I recommend him. Hi Great list. I found the Instagram post (I did not scroll through all 400+ comments to find Priscillas comment, so Ill take your word for it on that). Voddie should have more discernment to not be associated and calling false teachers his friends.. Blessings to you! I really have to object to Voddie Bauchaum. Here are a couple of articles that will help you understand Calvinism and predestination a little bit better: http://www.ligonier.org/blog/predestination-what-does-mean-non-elect/, https://www.monergism.com/calvinism-fact-sheet. Mr. Hesselink expounds Calvin's view of the Lord's Supper. Jakes. Theology on Tap Confirmation Class Connection Groups . In that case, there would be absolutely no problem with a male teacher of male/co-ed groups using materials written by women as prep materials. We earnestly desire to seek God and do His will but it seems like we have so much to learn and are struggling with who we should even listen to. Let's Teach Video Series - Lesson 1. Over the years at The Two Cities Ive written about Calvinism a bit (e.g., why me being a Calvinist hardly matters and how TULIP can be helpfully understood to have an implicit narrative structure), and you can see from those posts that I do not regard this issue to be make or break. After all, I had a degree in theology so I knew I had a reason for what I believed. Pastor Steve Bogie Gloria Dei Lutheran Church Menomonee Falls, WI 3. Thankful to the Lord for His gift of sound preachers. What about Chip Ingram? While many churches have wavered and changed their doctrines, Armstrong projects an image of unwavering orthodoxy and supports the inspiration of the Bible. When I finally walked out of the church due to a young pastor coming in and telling us he was the only one who could build our church, even those 2 who had been supposedly studying with me quit and told me they were only coming for me so I would not be there alone.
Corinth, Ms News, Articles S