If you are bothered about BT hobbling your box, an idea I think is ludicrous, don't connect it to your router. Also I saw solutions with opening the disk to check if its not stuck but not sure if its gonna work with tv box as a long term solution, or whether its only to recover the data before disk fails again. Here's everything you need to know: What is Ultra HD? Thousands of Plusnet customers who have its YouView TV box will lose access to certain channels and features, including BT Sport, from 1 November as the provider is scrapping the service. Does anyone know if the SSD has much of an impact on this? OFCOM, maybe. Anyone have this for a 1TB drive? Hi Dave, those are 3.5 drives so are too physically large to fit. Thought I was going to have to spend 150 on new one. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Same issue as most, strange noises during boot after power failure, probably rendered hard drive corrupt. Some people have had success cloning the old drive to a new one link. This will cure the clicking/buzzing/beeping noise fault that stops your YouView box from booting up due to hard drive failure. Some boxes were fitted with a Seagate 500Gb drive instead, part number ST500VT000. Refit the lid loosely and turn the box over. Maybe it was something to do with the hard disk not being video grade, or the small size. Software reset, factory reset and internet reset all failed to work. Save yourself the hassle and don't bother. It's also on retail PVR set-top boxes from Humax. If the signal is weak, then readjust the ariel. She then said she would need to check with her manager and after being on hold for a few minutes I was cut off. }; In 1968, he started what would later become his largest business venture, consumer electronics company Amstrad.In 2007, he sold his remaining interest in the company in a deal to BSkyB for 125m.. Sugar was the chairman and part-owner of Tottenham . Ordered a new Toshiba 1TB HDD, which was delivered today. "agent": "-4.9.18-1.6.0" Why YouView; . Select Automatic standby. It's been a I have spoken to them already about something else. Many thanks, very well explained and illustrated! Simon, on a BT or TT supplied YouView box (including second hand bought ones) both BT and TT are only responsible for their own services, which are only the live channels and Video on Demand features they provide. Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen. It keeps on trying to start but never gets there. })('//www.centreyasmine.com/?wordfence_lh=1&hid=566A0B49D8C2C1E910203927A76934D5'); When you get the Maintenance Mode prompt on screen, press the power button to bring up the maintenance menu. Hi thanks for help after a few false starts I am up and running. Hi, I have tried your method and my 2100 youview box just goes to black screen after I press the power button to enter maintenance mode. Then I cloned my own DN370T drive and inserted that, hoping that the linux formatting might help. My box wasnt initially recognising the new drive. Box now works fine. Thanks for the feedback Keri! Toshibas 1Tb drive is model number MQ01ABD100V. My husband . It's available as a tuner app for Sony's connected 4K Android TVs,. Find great local deals on second-hand satellite & cable equipment for sale in PA40PW Shop hassle-free with Gumtree, your local buying & selling community. Am I being mislead by BT here to keep me paying? . YouView Home / Help & Support; Search or. Select Done *Settings can be found via the cog in the top right corner of the Menu. #parallax-bg { background-image: url('http://www.centreyasmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cropped-20170513_1541180.jpg'); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: center top; background-attachment: scroll; } #masthead { margin-bottom: 449px; } Announcements, Guides & Community Updates, Here's where you can . Waterpik WP-450 Flosser Battery Replacement, Philips AirFloss Battery Replacement Guide, Blu-ray Player Zone A,B,C to Multi-Region, New Bearings Available for Nutri Ninja Blades, New Article About Karcher Window Vac Spare Parts. Would it have helped if Id found a way to reformat the replacement disc first? box-shadow: none !important; Really helpful & informative, well written. But it still doesnt work same as before, it wont enter maintenance mode and doesnt load. The ultra-compact YouView box gives you 7 days of catch-up TV and the full range of Freeview channels. Teslin Fake Id, Within three seconds press and hold the power button on the front of the box and hold both buttons. 20 minute job and around same for setting up after reset. Many Many thanks! It now appears to be working fine. Is it worth me opening up the box to see if I can spot a lose wire or blown capacitor etc? The only thing you will lose is the BT (Vision) TV app. The box light will turn blue, If you still require assistance, or have any feedback, please leave a message on the YouView Community, Need more help? Im not sure if this is possible as the recordings tend to be locked to one particular YouView box. YouView is now the OS behind the BT TV, TalkTalk and Plusnet set-top boxes. A red light should appear on the box, Press and hold the down arrow on your remote until you see the Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER)prompt. How to leave Call us on 0800 783 1401 to leave BT. Will NEVER go back. The maximum is probably 1Tb or 2Tb as there is some sort of addressing limit on some computer systems for drives above 2Tb. You might also be able to upgrade your 500Gb box to a 1Tb hard drive or higher and although this has not been tested by us, our readers have reported success. Not sure what box model you have? If your YouView boxs power settings are set to Smart mode then you can set the box to go into deep sleep after you go to bed to save power and pre-boot in the morning. Fantastic. If youd like to join in, please sign in or register. YouView TV Ltd 2023. Great article and guide! Due to the 30 day's notice I won't know until 29th December but to be safe I've unplugged the Ethernet from the box until that date has passed. From Box management select Power & standby. NORMA12. :Chrome\/26\.0\.1410\.63 Safari\/537\.31|WordfenceTestMonBot)/.test(navigator.userAgent)){ return; } Box keeps going into standby. Connected drive to computer with a SATA to USB cable and removed the NTFS formatting, try again but still no Maintenance mode. Assuming youre already with BT for your Broadband, then the costs are as follows: TV service: Either 4 a month (basic service) or 12.50 for the unlimited service. /* Hoea Te Waka Translation, Articles Y